10) Albus Dumbledore's speech

Everybody, lightened by the feast before them began to open up. Dean Thomas was Muggle-born, just like Hermione. Neville on the other hand lived with his grandmother and extended family who were magic.

When the puddings and ice creams were wiped off clean by us, Dumbledore rose to his feet and gave us instructions.

"First-years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well." Dumbledore's eyes flashed at the Weasley twins, but he continued, "Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch. And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death."

I snorted, and Harry laughed, but we were the few ones who did. Others acknowledged this with grim caution.

The Feast ended with the school song, and following Percy up and down the marble staircases, we reached the Gryffindor Common Room through the tapestry of a Fat Lady.

It had a fireplace, and the walls were painted a warm scarlet. Armchairs and sofas were thrown about to make the place look snug and cozy.

"Bells! Come on up!" Hermione called me to the girls' dormitory at the top of a spiral staircase.

"Can you believe it?" I said, my eyes wide open, to Harry.

"Not in the least."He replied before following Ron to the boy's dormitory on the other end.

***