20) The Dragon Breeder

The everlasting happiness of the win lasted about a few days until Hermione reminded them about the end of the term exams.

"Forbidden Forest?" I kept the exams aside, and in turn, reminded George and Fred.

"Oh, that."

"You're really eager to break rules and get suspended, aren't you?" He said.

I rolled my eyes, "Look. Are you coming or not?"

George and Fred smirked.

"How about this weekend?" Fred suggested, "We could have a tea party with all the Acromantulas there!"

"And then we could play hide and seek with the centaurs!" George added brightly.

"Boys?" I said, done with their sarcasm, "Tell me if you are up to it."

It had been ages since I'd been to Hagrid's and so I went only to find Harry, Ron, and Hermione knocking at his door too.
Hagrid greeted me, flushed and excited. I stopped in my tracks. A baby dragon was hatching.
It sneezed. A couple of sparks flew out of its snout.

"Um, Hagrid?" I said tentatively, not wanting to ruin the precious moment, "You live in a wooden hut."

"Yes!" Hermione added quickly, "And not to mention breeding dragons is illegal!"

The fumes had started to make me sweat and itchy, so I went outside to see a blonde head trying to peep in.

"What are you doing here?" I put my hands on my hips, blocking the window, "You don't even like Hagrid."

Blondie didn't expect to get caught.

"I'm not-" He took a step back stammering, "Is that- that a dragon?"

"None of your business. Go on to your common room."

But he refused to budge, so I decided to frog march him back to the castle. Honestly, bullies could only be cured by giving them the unexpected.

***