Chapter 20

Jimin was teary-eyed and looking at his gift when Yoongi walked in the makeup room after getting dressed. Is he angry? Yoongi couldn't help but wonder.

The next moment, Jimin heard Yoongi's steps and looked up. He jumped off the stool and rushed over to Yoongi, throwing himself in Yoongi's arms. Yoongi stumbled back, surprised, but caught him easily. Jimin wrapped his legs around Yoongi's waist and nuzzled into his neck.

"Do you like it?" Yoongi whispered.

"I love it hyung. I'll keep it forever."

"I'm so glad. You're a credited writer now."

"I knoowwww," Jimin squealed.

Seeming to realize there were eyes on them, Yoongi set Jimin back down. Jimin mouthed I'm sorry with a pink tint creeping up his cheeks.

Yoongi shook it off and sat back in his makeup chair. The show was only an hour away now. The nerves were starting to kick in.

"I like your outfit. You really do look amazing. They know what they're doing," Jimin told him, motioning to the people around them.

"Thank you. I like it too. It's nice to be a rapper. I get comfy clothes compared to the pop idols," Yoongi said with a laugh.

Soon, they made their way back to Yoongi's dressing room to wait to be called to the stage. Jimin sat down on the couch and Yoongi promptly started pacing.

*Jimin's POV*

He was nervous so he could only imagine how Yoongi felt. The pacing was a clear sign of nerves. Is this his process? Should I say something? Jimin wasn't really sure what to do but the tension in the room was obvious.

"Are you ok? Do you wanna talk?" Jimin asked, unsure of what to do.

"I'm ok. I'm sorry. Just nerves."

"Don't be sorry. I can only imagine how you feel right now."

Yoongi continued pacing until Jimin couldn't take it anymore. He jumped up from the couch and grabbed Yoongi's hands, standing in the path he was wearing into the carpet. Yoongi looked in his eyes, surprise evident on his face.

"Yoongi, talk to me. What's going on? You were fine until we got back in here."

"I just need to get out of my head. I have years of work riding on this. I'm putting too much pressure on myself."

Jimin squeezed his hands and looked him in the eyes. "You're going to be amazing. They are going to hear what I've heard and see what I see and fall in love with you. There's no way they don't."

"But wha..."

"No what if's Yoongi. That's what's going to happen. By tomorrow night, everyone in Korea will be streaming your video and listening to your mix tape."

The truth of Jimin's own words stung a little. He knew they were on borrowed time before everything changed for them. But now isn't the time for those thoughts.

Just then, a knock came on the door and Jimin dropped Yoongi's hands immediately. "We're ready for you," the voice called out.

"Go show the world who Agust D is," Jimin said with a wink.

"I'm so glad you're here Jiminie."

The two left the room and headed back down the hall toward the stage. Yoongi asked a security guard to take Jimin back to the place he watched from earlier so that he didn't get lost in the dark of backstage.

From his position, Jimin could see Yoongi take his mic from the stage manager, just like earlier. Yoongi looked over at him and smiled before moving toward the lights. Jimin smiled back and pulled out his phone so he could record. From here, he would be able to see Yoongi and the crowd's reaction. That would be something Yoongi would wanna see later when the adrenaline wears down.

The music turned on and he saw Yoongi take one last deep breath before stepping into the lights.

From then on, his whole personality shifted. He became Agust D. He knew every beat and every ad-lib to both songs and vibed to them the whole time. It was literally the sexiest thing Jimin had ever seen. His rap was perfect - fast but still so clear that every word could be understood.

As expected, the crowd loved him. They picked up on the chorus of his title track and sang some of it with him. Arms were bouncing to the beats. He could understand why Yoongi wanted to do this. It was intoxicating to watch him.

When the songs were over, an MC walked on stage to formally introduce him to the crowd. They screamed even louder when Yoongi announced that he had a music video premiering at midnight tonight. Soon, he was thanking the MC for the opportunity to perform for an amazing crowd (queue the cheers again) and leaving the stage.

Jimin recorded him until he was out of the spotlight and too far back stage to be seen by the camera. He watched Yoongi give his mic back and walk toward him with the happiest smile Jimin might have ever seen.

 He watched Yoongi give his mic back and walk toward him with the happiest smile Jimin might have ever seen

A/N - Hi lovely readers! Hope you are enjoying the story so far. I'm here updating after YTC Busan and the enlistment announcement. Talk about an emotional roller coaster for a few days, right?? So much happiness for the concert and then sadness over enlistment. I'm proud of them for fulfilling their duty to Korea. I'm sure it's bittersweet. I'm obviously a Yoonmin stan but I love all 7 and hope they stay safe and healthy while in the military. Until then, I will watch ALL the videos and read/write ff lol. We will be waiting for the comeback of all comebacks in 2025! 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Don't forget to star amd follow!