Chapter 34

Yoongi and Jimin were both mingling around the party. Sometimes together and sometimes talking in different groups. Even then, they stayed in eyesight always. Jimin was currently talking to Tae and Jungkook and Yoongi was talking with some friends from the company.

They stole occasional glances at each other. Jimin would usually blush and smile but tried not to make it obvious. Yoongi just had an effect on him - even when they weren't talking to or touching each other. It was like having a magnet pulling you in and trying to resist.

This made it really noticeable when a new man joined Yoongi's conversation circle. Jimin saw him visibly tense up and immediately wondered who it was. He hadn't seen him before. That didn't mean much though. He didn't know a lot of the people here since they worked at Yoongi's company. This man looked like he was flirting with Yoongi. He would laugh and reach across the circle to playfully touch his arm. Each time, Yoongi would frown and step back just enough to be out of his reach. If the stranger noticed that Yoongi is uncomfortable, he completely ignored it.

Yoongi saw Jimin watching and excused himself from the group. He came over and stood next to him. Close to him.

"Hey guys, what's up?"

"Nothing...who's your friend?" Jimin asked.

"Umm...nobody important. Are ya'll enjoying the party?"

"Yeah it's great," Tae replied, giving them a funny look. It felt like they need to talk. Now. He turned to Jungkook. "Um... babe, I'm sorry to ask, but can you help me grab something from the stock room?" He quickly agreed and Tae gave Jimin an encouraging smile before walking away.

"Are you ok?" Yoongi asked quietly.

"Yes. Do you know him?"

"Don't be mad but... he's my ex. I don't know how he even found out about this. We haven't spoken in a long time."

"Ok. Let's get back to everyone," Jimin replied before walking away.

Yoongi wanted to stop him and promise him that Jehun means nothing. But there was only so much he could do in a public space like this. He followed him closely though. That would show him without being able to tell him right now.

They continued mingling with friends. Yoongi introduced Jimin as a close friend to anyone he didn't know. They talked and enjoyed the night. Had some more drinks. Yoongi was intentionally steering them away from groups that Jehun was talking in. It was just safer that way.

Jimin excused himself to go to the restroom and Yoongi followed along. 

"Yoongi, you don't have to come to the bathroom with me. I'm not upset with you. I was just upset watching him touch you and I couldn't even say or do anything about it. It's so frustrating." 

"I know and I feel so bad. I had no idea he would be here. I would rather stay close to you anyway. I'm going to be with these people on tour. It's you I'll miss," he replied with a sweet smile. 

"I'm gonna miss you too Yoonie. Ok. I'll be right back."

A few moments after Jimin was gone, Jehun appeared again.

"Are you following me?"

"No, of course not. I just miss you."

"No the fuck you don't."

"Yes I do," he replied, trying to touch Yoongi again.

"Jehun, get lost. We've been over a long time. You didnt believe in me then, you sure as fuck don't get to be with me now."

"Yoongi Im sorry. I was an idiot. I've known it for a while and was just too afraid to face you. I miss you. I know you miss me too."

Just then Jimin cleared his throat behind them. Yoongi turned around wide-eyed. How much had he heard?

"I'm Jimin. Yoongi's friend," he said as he smiled sweetly and shook Jehun's hand. He smiled again before adding..."I believe he told you to get lost. Or did I hear that wrong?"