Chapter 27

It was now a few days after their first date and Jimin was walking into work excitedly. He knew Yoongi was coming to hang out after he finished a night shoot for his next video. It was one of Jimin's favorite songs - Give it to Me. 

Korea really was giving it to Yoongi. They were supporting his music in a way that Jimin knew he hadn't expected. His video had more views and comments than any other that month. His label pushed forward on his next video pretty fast after seeing the numbers roll in. The crowds also were getting larger at his events.  Jimin expected it though. Yoongi had everything Korea could want in an idol rapper. He was amazing to look at, his talent unmatched, and he was sweet and savage in interviews. Which meant you never knew what you were gonna get from him. People loved it. 

Jimin set his bag with his keys, phone, and school stuff under the bar and immediately started prepping for the evening. When he heard voices behind him, he turned around to see Tae and a stranger walking toward him. 

"Hey Jimin, congrats, you're not the newbie anymore. This is Hyunmin, he's joining the team tonight. Hyunmin, this is Jimin."

"Hi, it's nice to meet you. Welcome. You'll love working here," Jimin told him with a smile. 

"It's nice to meet you," Hyunmin said with a grin.

"Jimin, can you start showing him how to prep for shift? I need to do inventory."

"Sure thing."

Jimin immediately started showing Hyunmin the ropes - ensuring glasses were clean, supplies like napkins and salt were stocked, and that all bottles were in place. While working through his prep, he made small talk.

"So, have you worked in a bar before?"

"No, first time. I'm excited to be here though."

"This was my first time too. I was so nervous when I started."

"I can't tell. You are so good at this," the new guy replied, eyeing Jimin like a sweet he wanted to taste.

Jimin quirked an eye at him and chuckled. Was this guy flirting?

"Thank you but we're only doing prep work so this is easy. The hard work comes tonight when we're busy and need to keep up."

"I'm sure you keep up just fine."

Jimin just decided to ignore that. If he was flirting, he needed practice. Plus, it's not like Jimin gave a damn anyway. He has Yoongi.

"Are you familiar with our drink list?" Jimin asked, leaning over to pull the list out that he learned during his first few days on the job.

"No, just the few that I've had here as a customer."

"Here it is. I would start learning them now and learn as many as you can before we get busy tonight. I'm gonna grab some beer from the fridge. Let me know if you have any questions."

Jimin reached under the bar and grabbed his phone. He knew Yoongi was in the middle of his shoot but wanted to be there with him in a small way.

To: Yoonie

Hi hyung! I'm at work. Can't wait to see you later. I hope everything is going well with your shoot! Soo excited to see the video 

Jimin hit send and then shoved his phone into his back pocket. The beer cases were heavy but getting lighter over time as he got stronger. Carrying two cases back to stock the bar, he found Hyunmin on his phone and the drink list abandoned on the counter.

"Look, I'm not the boss, but I wouldn't have that out while you're behind the bar. It's one of Taehyung's main rules. Did you learn the list already?"

Hyunmin had the good sense to at least blush a little at being caught on his phone. "I'm sorry, I was just watching a video my friend sent me on YouTube. A new rapper. His name is Agust D. Have you heard of him?"

Now it was Jimin's turn to blush a little. He hadn't even thought about what he would say to people about Yoongi. "Uh yeah, I've seen his video a few times. He's really good."

"So good. And hot as fuck. Not really my type. I'm more into pretty than hot. But I can still appreciate."

Jimin was in full panic mode by this point. Yoongi would be coming to see him tonight. If he didn't at least mention that they knew each other, it might seem suspicious. If he said too much, it might lead to questions he couldn't answer.

"He comes here pretty often actually. For a long time. Longer than I've worked here."

"Really?! I might have to ask for an autograph. Or a date. I could do hot if he's also famous and rich."

Jimin couldn't stop the anger that flashed on his face. "I don't think idols can really date, can they?"

"He can be my sugar daddy. No one has to know," Hyunmin said with a slick grin. 

"I don't know if you're really his type," Jimin replied, unable to control himself.

"Really, what do you think his type is?" the newbie replied, seeming genuinely curious.

"Attractive." Jimin deadpanned before walking away fuming.