The park

📌 Written by me

———————— Chapter 4

I put some salt in my tomato sauce and start to stir it. "You're insecure, don't know what for." Yay! One direction. I start singing along while cutting tomatoes.

No one's home so I turn the music up and scream/sing to the song. "Baby you light up my world like nobody else."  I sing...okay scream.

I start cutting the cucumbers as the door opened. „Whoa! Turn the music down, if you don't want us kicked out!", I turn the music down and turn around, „What a way to kill the mood", I tell my Roommate. She rolls her eyes and sits down on the couch and I turn myself back to the food I'm making

„How was your day?" Ava asks. "Bored. Mainly, what about yours?" I answer without looking at her. „Sooo good! My Professor in Chemistry just didn't come to class! The whole class was so happy and we went to McDonald's.", She says, I can hear the smile through her voice which makes me smile. „That's great I guess but the whole class? Aren't that like 50 people?", I ask seriously wondering how that would work. Imagine working there and then see 50 hungry college students come in wanting to eat asap.

„Yeah..I don't think they were happy about that." She laughs. I turn off the heat and mix my salad together. „Do you want to eat anything?", I offered her some of my food. „I have a date in a few hours, I'll eat then.", I turn around and try to search for answers in her eyes without having asked questions.

„With who? Why didn't you say so earlier! Is he cute? Who did ask who out?" I ask her.

„Geez. A boy in my class, you don't know him, and yes he is cute as fuck! Wait, I show you a pic." She stands up and runs to me and shows me a picture of him. He is cute. He has curly blonde hair and blue eyes.

„You're actually right, he is kinda cute.", I tell her, she gives me a proud smile „And he got an even cuter brother."

"I would not go for both of them..." I start but she interrupts me. „Not for me dummy! For you."

I stare at her and then turn around. „I don't date, you know that." My wanders to Oliver, I'm not lying, Oliver and I aren't dating we're just...having fun I guess. What's totally not my thing, usually but when I'm with him I tend to do things that I don't do.

"Penelope. This is amazing!"

"Thanks Ollie."

I smile softly at her. "Ollie? That's new."

"Well. Me showing my work to someone is new."

I shake my head, that's definitely not what I should think about. My eyes move to the the couch, his hoodie is laying there and-

„Penelope!" Ava screams, and I turn around.

„What?"

„I've been saying your names at least 30 times, what are you thinking about?"

„Just...Homework.", I lied...I forgot to mention that I'm not the best liar, she gave me a skeptical look but let it go.

„You don't need to actually date him, just go on this one date, it won't kill anyone."

I don't answer. „Penelope. Your twenties are supposed to be your golden years, just live life a bit?"

„I can live my life without fucking around." I answer with a cold tone.

„In your room, you won't live any life."

„I'm writing a book, that's not gonna get anywhere if I'm not writing, Sherlock."