Apartment 402

📌 Written by Im_a_weirdoo20

———————— Chapter 13

It's as if I was seeing her again for the first time.

It's as if her laugh couldn't cure my depression before. It's as if I was just seeing her now for the first time. Like actually seeing her.

Her eyes, brown as the hot chocolate she always sipping. Her hair as bouncy and brown. Her laugh, as intoxicating as a double shot of tequila. 

Just her, that's all I want, nothing else. I need her now that I've had her for these past 7 months.

And now... She's my girlfriend.

And I don't want to lose her. Ever. I chuckle to myself.

She's my Girlfriend.

My girlfriend

MY girlfriend.

my GIRLFRIEND.

That's something I will never get used to saying... ever.

I need to focus on my work, or otherwise I'll fail, and I'll have to repeat the class... again. My brain gets easily distracted.

I don't know how, but it always has. I've had to repeat this class already twice now, and if I fail it again, I'll get kicked out.

But right now, I can't help but think of her. Now that she's officially mine.

My mind begins fading again, and before I know it, it's back to Little Blue Bird.

*flashback*

"Hey, mind if I sit here?" I ask her, all while tapping on the opposite side of the table from her.

She looks up from her book, 'The Spanish Love Deception '. "Of course, you can, Oliver."

I smile down at her, nicely and smally, and sit across from her.

She finishes the page she was on, and places a piece of blue cloth in to mark her book, before placing it down.

"Why didn't you just use a bookmarker or folded down the page?" I ask her, motioning towards the book.

"First of all, you don't use a bookmarker if you're a true book nerd, and secondly, if I ever see someone fold down a page and ruin the book, I will stab their eyes out."  She finishes with a sweet smile, like she was just then not talking about killing me if I ever did that.

"Noted."

"Yeah, well, books are like gods, you gotta treat them like they will break with a singular touch."

"Again, noted."

"What are you doing here on this fine Sunday morning, Oliver?"

"Needed a coffee, and I was too lazy to walk ten steps to make myself one, so I walked 5 minutes instead. What are u doing?"

"My roommate has a 'friend' over, and kicked me out for the day, so I grabbed a book, and came here to have a nice warm hot chocolate on this cool winter morning."

"Well, would you like to do something with me today, Penelope?" I ask her nervously.

She looks like she's letting it go into her head, and thinks about it.

Now, I'm no poet, so I'm going to put this bluntly. She looks cute when she thinks. So, I smile at her.

"Let's do it." She replies.

Just as she says that we hear the light patter of rain outside, and we both turn to look at each other, "you like the rain?" We both ask each other at the same time.