Penelope's Apartment

📌 Written by mey

———————— Chapter 24

I intensely stare at my laptop screen, hoping that with some kind of magic, the perfect words to start this chapter would be appearing on the page.

I'm currently on page 167, and I am pretty proud of my accomplishments. It's still my first draft, and It'll need a lot of work before being officially done.

I told Ollie about my book and what I am planning on doing, he told me in response that that's a great idea, and he would definitely read it. Now, I don't know if that's his opinion or him wanting to he is a good boyfriend, I'll just have to hope that's the first one.

"Is your magic working?" my roommate asks as she sits down on the couch with her physics book.

"I wish it would." I answer while typing random letters into my document, hoping that it would inspire me.

"You could write a smut scene."

"What?"

"Everyone loves smut, and it's a great way to start something." she says, unbothered.

"They're not even together yet!"

"Then make it a dream."

"It's in the 18th century."

"They had sex in the 18ths, you know that, right?" I roll my eyes, but I still do what she just told me to do.

I don't want to make it too long but her having such a dream fits good with my original idea for this chapter, I brought myself a $15 book about how to make my chapters good.

Let's say I'd not do it again, at least the aesthetic is cute.

"So, how is it going with Oliver?" Ava asks, closing her physics book, apparently not in the mood to keep on studying.

"Well, good."

"Oh really? Give me details!!" Ava is a very loud and pushy person, not everyone can be friends with her, but I'm happy I am, even though it's sometimes a bit much.

"It's going very good. He is cute and caring, our dates are almost like in the books, which I always thought would be impossible. Not only that, but he is supportive of my dreams and keeps pushing me to be better, so yeah."

The red head smiles proudly. "My baby is falling in love!!" she squeals, putting a hand over her heart.

"Oh no, not love." I laugh nervously, I have thought over the possibility of being in love with Oliver but the last time I loved someone it didn't turn out that great, so staying in the like zone is safer.

She raises her eyebrows. "You know, love can hurt you, but it also can be a great thing. Especially if you're being loved back."

"I know that." I say in a quiet voice, putting my eyes back to my laptop, so I can save what I have just written and close it.

"Impulsive decision!" she screams excitedly as she runs into our bathroom. Confused, I put my laptop aside, waiting for her to return.

After a time spam of five minutes, she comes back with hair dye and scissors.

"I'm not dying my hair!" is the first thing I tell her, knowing what she wants to do. Back when we first got to know each other it was very awkward, so awkward that I yelled Impulsive decision, and then I cut off my hair. I did regret it not even a second later and cried for 2 days, but it got us closer.