Trick or Treat ?

📌 Written by me

———————— Chapter 14

I look at the boxes I put next to my wardrobe the day I moved in, then I take the third one and put it on my desk, in front of my mirror so I can open it. "So, what do you have planned for today?" My mother asks me over the hone.

I shrug even tho she can't see me. "Nothing, although..."

"Maybe I'll go to a Halloween Party with some friends, I don't know." I'm still searching for the one grey puffy skirt I can't wear with anything but still took with me to the US because it looks so good, I know it's in one of these boxes, I just don't know which one.

"How come so?" My mum says with a worried undertone. She is a over thinker, every time someone does something different she gets worried they're sad or depressed with her or them self or anything else. Sometimes it's gets very annoying even tho I know she doesn't do it because she is trying to annoy us.

"Just haven't a lot of time to think about it with school and all. BUT I do know what I'm going as." I tell her proudly.

I hear my Dad laughing in the background and them saying, very loudly I might add "Probably some clowns thing, you love these creepy creatures, am I right or right?"

I smile I always got better along with him them my mother, my mum was kinda...obsessive and as much as I love her, I'm happy to not have her reading my chats anymore or to go through my photos or worse to scream at me because I didn't wash my brothers dishes.

She really thought we were in the 1800. "Actually Dad is right, I think I'm going for a female Pennywise kind of thing." That's why I need that skirt I got everything for the 'stum (Charles would be so proud right now.) but this skirt, it's gotta be somewhere in the 5 boxes.

"How is school?" My mother changes the tropic because she to 99% doesn't know who pennywise is. She and Micah watched other kind of shows, most of the time some Turkish shows which got translated into Arabic. He was the girl she never had.

Okay nah joking. I'm funny, right? But they really watched those 300 episode per season dramas. Sometimes I watched them with her, my favorite was the one with Julia, all her husbands died, literally every single one, it's like she is a cursed Ross.

"As always." I say and it's like I'm hearing her roll ing her eyes. "And what is 'as always'"?"

"Good." I tell as I pull out fairy wings from the box in front of me. Wow I didn't know I took them with me. My Mum bought them for me in second grade, because I wanted to be a fairy to Carnival. I loved them so much I wore them every single day from Carnival to my birthday. That are 8 months, at some point I fall of the trampoline and they got all dirty and looked awful.

After that I pull out some pictures. Uh I don't remember copying pictures. The first on is when I got my braces, I looked so weird, my hair where so long, but they looked like I forgot to brush them for the last year and I wore a unicorn shirt with a grey skinny jeans, yup. I was weird kid.

The other picture is from Ash and me, we know each other since 4th grade. Since then it was pretty much just us, I wasn't the best in making good and lasting friendships. Till 9th grade, when I met Enola, she was the popular girl who is actually so nice and we three where best friends since then.

"You know, you're dad and I are coming in a few weeks."

"I know that, where are you staying?"

"At yours" my dad says and I almost choke on air.

"He is kidding. We got a hotel near your campus." I let out a huge breath.

"Cool." I answer still looking at the picture of Asher and me, we're so young and he was such a shorty, why did he have to get tall and old and all. We were so adorable.