Breaking

📌 Written by Im_a_weirdoo20

———————— Chapter 35

I wake up again, plagued with the same thoughts ive been having fir the past..

Shit.

I don't remember how long its been.

But this time, im just angry. Not at me, not at her, but at the universe, and maybe Micah

Ok, maybe 99.999% at Micah.

But the other 0.001% is at the universe for putting him in my apartment that day.

All I wanted was her, but I cant have her now.

All it feels like now is just a dream, like we never were. And now, Christmas is in 2 weeks, and I had already bought her something, but now she can't have it.

I can't give it to her. She's the one that ended it all with me for a bullshit reason.

I need to do something. I need to get out of this apartment.

I go into my phone, and pull up Felicity's contact.

'Hey, what are you doing right now?'

'Hanging with some friends, why?'

'I feel like doing something dumb.'

'Come hang out with us, we have something really fun and chaotic planned.'

'tell me where you are.'

And she does. But its somewhere I remember very vividly.

I take my skateboard, and put on my converses and my green hoodie, before leaving the apartment, without even acknowledging George.

Hes still pissed at me. I can't even remember why.

I always wonder if he still talks to Ava, and if they tell eachother the secrets of Blue and I.

I wince at the thought of her nickname I gave her.

I cant even look at That colour anymore. I can't look at anyone with her eye colour anymore. I can't think of anything anymore, because all my thoughts lead to her.

All things that plague my mind, brings me back to her.

So on my walk on over to Felicity all I cam think of is the everything of my life. Nothing can be said to me by anyone, that would get me out of this haunted mess I find myself in.

I look up at the sky, Grey and Cloudy, and think of the things that could have been between us, think of everything that has gone through my mind in the past couple of months.

I've wanted so bad to see her face, or hear her voice, and beg for her to come back... but I cant.

She didn't want me anymore, and she probably only wanted me in the first place, just so then she could get with one of her friends.

I mean... it sounds logical.

"Oliver!" I hear Felicity scream my name out at me, clearing me of my thoughts.

"hey!" I say to her with a smile.

"Ok, I might have something really dumb that we could do. Are you ready?" she says to me and her other 2 friends who are with her, and we all nod our heads. "Lets go break into the mall."

I look down at my watch.. 7:47pm.

"Fuck it. Lets do it."

"Yeah!"

"Ok, we have another hour til it closes, so if we all go hide in there before it shuts, and not get caught, then we can be in there for as long as we want to be."

"Ok, then we have to go like... now." I tell them all.

Felicity and I are on our skateboards, and the other 2 are together on a bicycle. This is probably the dumbest idead any of us have come up with so far.. and that's usually George's department, dumb ideas.

As we make our way down, we all collectively agree to race our way down the empty Tuesday streets of this city we found ourselves collectively being in. Its always fun to hang out with Felicity, because you never know what she could have In mind to do.

One day you could be painting pots in a fun painting class she found, or you would be going to bars and getting drunk as hell and making out with strangers (or your friends).

I mean... Yeah, she's my ex-girlfriend, but we ended on good terms, and we don't want to mess that up, so as soon as she wishes to make out with me, I instantly take her back to her place.. because that's how I know she is well past drunk, and onto blackout drunk.

As the mall becomes bigger in my view, the reality steps in quickly, and I don't know if its guilt or excitement, but I doont say anything, because I need this emotion back in my life.

"Are you guys ready?" Felicity asks us all, and we all nod as she looks at us, so we all make our way inside, to quickly find a spot to hide.

I go and hide in the coat rack circle of a clothing store, and wait.

But while I'm waiting, I can smell one I haven't smelt in a while, and I can hear her voice too.

Oh no.

Its Penelope.

Shit!

"Come on, how do you even know that it's true?" I hear her friend tell her, it sounds like Ava.

"Because.. Because I trust his word. And if Oliver wants to be with someone else after I broke up with him, then that's ok." I hear her say.

"But does that really mean you have to go on a date with.. him." I can hear the shiver in her voice as she says 'him', and I instantly know exactly she's talking about.

The one guys who has been trying to steal Penelope away from me in the first place.

Him.

"Who knows, maybe this date can turn into something special. Maybe in a world we could be boyfriends and girlfriend?"

"Can it not be this world though? Because I sincerely do not like him."

"You heard everyone else, I should go on this date with him, I should get Oliver out of my head. I mean, I loved Oliver, but that doesn't mean I have to keep loving him if he's moved on."

And that's the last I hear before they both go silent and out of my hearing range.

She loved me?

She's going on a date with him?

You know what?

It's her life, she can do whatever she wants to do with it.

I can hear over the intercom that the mall is closing in 5 minutes, so I go to message everyone else in the group chat we made.

'you guys ready?' I ask them all

'im ready to have some fun!' One of them answers

'me too!' Felicity replies

'so am I!'

After the minutes have passed, and all the lights have gone down and the clocks strike 8:30pm, we all emerge from our places and go to our meeting spot.

"First things first. Lets go brea-" she gets cut off by a loud 'hey!' in the distance.

"Quick, scatter!" I yell at everyone, as the security guards come out of no where and try to take us down one by one.

Felicity's 2 friends end up escaping past them, but we both get caught, and are handed into the police at an alarming rate.. I mean, it was very quickly, kinda like they knew we were here.

"Shit." I whisper to myself, as we are escourted into the back of a car. I turn to Felicity, and say, "Well.. looks like the breaking and entering has to happen another day." She a light smirk on my face.