The Fun Fair

📌 Written by me

———————— Chapter 10

Yeah. We're happy, free, confused and lonely at the same time. It's miserable and magical, oh yeah.

I hum to Taylor Swift while lying in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I have this thing where every time I feel like my thoughts are getting too much I like to put my headphones in and blast Taylor as loud as possible.

"Now, the second reason I came here is because I was wondering... um... I- I was wondering if, you, um, wanted to go out on a date with me tonight?"

I turn around, take my pillow and scream into it, sometimes I just need a good scream. With Oliver it's like my brain records anything he says then waits till I'm overwhelmed and press start.

I take my phone to make the music louder just to see it's already at the highest. I sigh, of course. I pull my headphones out and turn off the music.

I just lie there for a while before standing up and walking to my desk. Then I start my Laptop to check some of my Emails on my Bookstagram Account. I log into my Account and open my Mail.  My spam folder  is totally useless, the spam ones and answer some.

Hey Marie, tha...

I start answering one of my biggest fans, at least this is what she said as my door opens itself up. Not itself but you got what I mean. "There is something it's called knocking." I turn around to look at Ava. "You've been in your room since Oliver was here." she tells me like I didn't know where I am.

I wait till she continues although Ava seems to wait till I answer her not question. "What happened down there, Penelope?" technically nothing happened but on the other hand.."Nothing he just asked me out.", I decided to let the rain kiss out.

A big smile appears on her lips "You said yes, didn't you.", she seems more excited than me. I nod  and she runs to me to hug me. "What's exactly happening here?" I pat on her back uncomfortably, I don't know what am I supposed to do, why is she hugging me?

"I'm just so happy for you, you deserve some happiness-"

"I can be happy witho-" she shushes me and puts her finger in front of my mouth, now that's just weird.

"Let me talk." I nod as a sign that she can keep talking. "I know it can be scary and that you have some kind of date-phobia if this is even a thing. And don't interrupt me, I know you want to." I roll my eyes, I don't have Philophobia. I just prefer not to date and fall in love. I'm definitely not aromatic, maybe Demiromantic.

"Are you even listening?" I shake my head. No. Ava sighs and starts again. "I'm happy you said yes, I know it's just a date and these things you always say-"

"Ava-"

"I told you not to interrupt me. Where was I? Right. I-" I roll my eyes, she can be ready bossy. And if I keep rolling my eyes they may fall out.

"It's not just a date." It is technically just a date. But it feels like more , I don't know I am rambling shit again.

"You're not gonna propose, right? I mean I would definitely be on your side. Go best friend and stuff but I don't know if it's that smart, are you even official-"

"I'm not gonna propose to Ava." she lets out a huge breath and I chuckle, I can't believe she even got the idea.

"When's the date?"

"Sometime tonight." She gives me an angry look, it's like a sad puppy who didn't get his food.

"That's all you got?" I shrug and she scans the room looking for something, I don't know what. I think she found it because a small smile appears on her lips, it's so easy to read her. I like that about her.