The Ball

📌 Written by Im_a_weirdoo20

———————— Chapter 11

It's almost as if she's all I'll ever be able to think about again. Her laugh. Her smile. Her everything.

Her.

That's what I want to think about, to the day I die, or the day I stop liking her, which let's face it, will never happen.

"Mijo?" I hear my mother say to me over the phone.

"I'm still here, ma." I answer.

"You alright?" she asks me.

"I'm fine. Just a little bit lost in thought."

"Is there any reason you were, or....?" He sighs, he has to tell her. He can't keep a secret from his ma.

"Creo que tengo novia madre..." (I think i have a girlfriend mother.) I whisper out, to her.

"¡Cuéntamelo todo!" (Tell me everything! )

"Not now, ma." I take a breath out, "I gotta go now. I'll call you whenever I can. Te amo ma."

"Love you too, mi pequeño angel." (My Little Angel.)

I smile to myself, then hang up the phone. I breathe out a sigh. Well, that was exhausting.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my mother. It's just sometimes parents can be too much. Especially when they bully you for eating too much as a child and being 'chubby', as she would say. Like, it hurts when it comes from someone you barely know, but you can handle it.

But when it's your own mother who says it... It fucking hurts.

"Dude. Can I ask you a favour?" Trevor enters my room saying.

"How'd you get into my apartment?" I turn around questioning him.

"You gave me a key. Remember?" he says, holding out the key I gave him...a year ago.

"Right, right. What did you need?"

"Well, I was hoping... that maybe... you uh.. could go to the school ball for me. I can't go. I have a shift tonight. I have 2 tickets, so you can even take your girlfriend. Please?"

"How am I going to find a suit in like... 5 hours?? And how is she going to find a dress in 5 hours as well??"

"I don't know. I could let you borrow mine. We're both, like, the same size. Please, if you do this for me, free coffee for you and your girl for the next year?"

"Only if she says yes to it. Then I'll go. Let me call her up."

"Thank y-"

"Ta ta ta. On the phone here, Trev."

"Oh, sorry."  I place my phone up to my ear. Hearing it ring.

"Hey, Smartass. What's up?"

"Hey little blue bird. I was just wondering if you're not busy. Would you like to go to the College ball with me this afternoon?"

"If you can pay half for the dress, then yes."

"Really? Ok. How much?"

"$250?"

"That's all. Ok, I'll venmo you after this."

"Ok, you better wear a blue tie."

"I wouldn't have dreamed of a different colour, Blue bird."

"Ok. See you tonight, Smartass."

"See you tonight, blue bird." I then hang up the call, and venmo her the money, and $50 extra, because you know, why not? I wanna spoil her.