Chapter 29

Jackie's POV...

Jackie is sitting on the porch outside of Jack's Parent's Hyannis Port house watching the waves in the distance crash against the shore. Even though today is Thanksgiving and there is a lot to be thankful for. However, today the only conversation that dominated the table is about Jack's upcoming Inauguration and his choices for his cabinet.

She is happy for Jack and she wants to be with him but still, the thought of constantly being watched doesn't sit right with her. She is an extremely private person and having the press always around bothers her. Trying to keep a positive outlook because she doesn't want to rain on Jack's parade, especially on such a momentous occasion in his life and career. Just the loss of her and her daughter's privacy is a hard pill to swallow.

Getting up from her spot, Jackie begins to make her way toward the beach. Despite it being November, it is a pretty warm day. Finding a rock to sit on she contemplates how she can keep her daughters safe and maintain a sense of normalcy for them. Their lives are about to change forever.

"Hey kid," she hears a familiar voice break into her thoughts.

She turns to see Jack coming up behind her.

"Hey," she replies with a small smile.

"You ok out here, just came out to check on you. Didn't see you on the porch at first."

"I'm fine, I just wanted to get some fresh air," she replies.

He sits down beside her and puts his arm around her, before kissing her temple.

"I was just thinking about us and how we came a long way since the beginning of this year."

"Oh?" she replies. In the beginning, she tried as hard as she could to keep Jack at a distance. She didn't think they would meet again let alone learn about his daughters. However, Arabella and Caroline should learn about their biological father and develop a relationship with him. Looking back, she is glad she finally got to tell him. He is being an excellent father to his daughters.

"Yes, I know I haven't always been perfect. I wasn't exactly the ideal father or boyfriend, or whatever you referred to me as. I am glad you and my daughters are in my life."

"Me too," she replies.

He smiles and gives her another kiss on her temple. She relaxes by lying her head on his shoulder. If only life could always be this simple. Just the two of them sitting on the beach just being Jack and Jackie. Still, life wouldn't be this interesting if they were just two ordinary people.

They continue to sit in silence and watch the sun slowly begin to set before they return to join the rest of the family.

Jack's POV...

Jack is sitting in his father's office talking to his mother and father about his winning the Presidency. He thinks now is the time to bring up the proposal to Jackie.

"Mom, Dad, I have been thinking lately about Jackie and me. I feel like she is truly the one for me. I never met another girl like her."

"Are you sure you are ready Jack, marriage is a serious commitment that shouldn't be entered into lightly. It is a vow you are not only before Jackie as well as your family and friends, but before God," Rose says looking at her son.

"Yes mother, I am very serious. Things have changed for me and especially in our relationship. I'm in love with Jackie, and I want for us to be a family."

"That's good son, I'm glad you are finally listening to your old man. Do you have a ring picked out?" Joe asks his son while cleaning his glasses.

"No, I don't. I was planning on going to New York and getting Jackie a ring."

"Don't worry about it, I'll reach out to Van Cleef & Arpels to have them send some of their best rings.

"Thanks, Dad," Jack says.