Chapter 2

January 9th, 1960

Jack walks into the Washington Armory feeling like a million bucks. A party is being thrown in his honor to kick off his campaign. A week ago he officially announced that is he running for the Presidency of the United States. The next and final level of his political career.

After a second successful campaign for his re-election to the Senate, Jack decided its time to go for the gold. Even though it was originally planned for his older brother Joe to run. The plans changed when Joe was killed during the war. Now it's time for him to pick up where his brother left off and bring glory to the Kennedy name.

After mingling with some of the guests, Jack makes his way over to the bar. While he waited for his drink, he looks around to see if recognizes any more familiar faces. Just then he sees a beautiful woman standing at one of the tables by herself. Grabbing his drink he makes his way over to her. Hopefully tonight he'll have some company to take home.

By announcing his candidacy he'll set two records, one being the youngest to run for President, and secondly the first bachelor to run since James Buchannan. Despite his father's incessant nagging about him settling down and finding a wife. Jack is completely content with being a bachelor.

"Hello, is this spot taken?"

"No," the female replies before taking a sip of her champagne.

Up close she's breathtaking. Her brown hair frames her face perfectly, brings out the brown specks in her hazel eyes. Her lips are pink and pouty. Lips that he can assure are soft.

"I'm Senator Jack Kennedy," he says offering his hand.

"It's nice to see you again Senator," the female replies catching him off guard.

"I'm sorry, have we met before? I know I couldn't forget a beautiful woman such as yourself."

"We have but it's been a long time. Jacqueline Bouvier," Jackie replies shaking his hand finally.

Jack pauses to think about it. He's has dated so many women it's hard for him to keep up with them. Her name, however, does seem to ring a bell.

He dated a woman once about seven years ago with the last name Bouvier. She was young, intelligent, and beautiful. If things were different she would've been his wife by now.

She was supportive of his career and helped him with his image. There were times when she would cross his mind. Thinking of all the fun they had for the little while they dated. The hot sex they had that night before he cut ties with her. He wondered if he would ever see her again.

"I feel like I have seen you before, now that I think about it."

Jackie shakes her head. Nothing has changed about him. Not that she expected him to change much. He introduced himself the same way he did when she first met him at Charlie's party eight years ago.

She had heard about the young Congressman who was trying to unseat the infamous Henry Cabot Lodge. How he loved to chase the ladies and they loved to play the game. She on the other hand had tried not to fall for his charm and wit. By the end of the night, her defenses had weakened, and she gave him her number. Then a few months later she gave in again and gave him her virginity.

"Jackie..." Jack says when the revelation comes to him, "wow you look amazing. My God, how many years has it been?"

"It's nice to know you still remember me, Senator. It's been seven years," Jackie replies before taking another sip of her champagne.

"What have you been up to? When I last saw you you were still living in New York," he says moving closer.

Jackie smirks and takes another sip. Here comes the charm.

"I was but I moved to Washington a few years ago when I was hired to work for the Times-Herald."

"The Times Herald, I'm a fan of that paper. I didn't know that it was you on the cover page. The pen name J. Bouvier sounded familiar. I'm available to give a private interview, maybe tomorrow night we can have dinner?"

"I can't," Jackie replies.

"Are you married?"

"No, I'm divorced, but I would need to find a babysitter for my twin daughters."

Jack looks at her surprisingly. Twins? She doesn't look like she had any children at all.

"Ok, here's the number to my office. Call me," he says as he writes his number on a napkin.

"Ok," Jackie replies taking the napkin.

Just then Jack's younger brother Bobby comes over.

"Jack I was looking around for you. There are a few delegates here that I'm sure you can sway to our side," Bobby says.

"Jackie this is my brother and campaign manager Robert Kennedy, Bobby this Jackie," Jack says introducing the two.

"Nice to meet you, Jackie," Bobby says extending his hand.

"Nice to meet you too Bobby," Jackie replies shaking his hand.

"Excuse me, Jackie, I hope to talk to you soon," Jack says before walking away with his brother.