CHAPTER 22 : The Accident That Will Change My Life Forever...

A few weeks later

A few weeks later...

"Thank you". I say as the waiter puts my cup of coffee down on the table.

I was having lunch with Sandra at her favourite cafe,I reached out to her a few days ago to hang out and see how she was doing since we last talked.

I have tried not to think about Leo since we last talked but it has been a lot harder then I want it to be, but Sandra had been a great distraction.

"Do you want to go shopping after this?" Sandra suggests after sipping on her Latte.

I smile "Yeah that would be great".

She smiles."How are you finding the psychology course?"Sandra asks.

"It's great actually. My friend Josh and I had to do this assignment on reading a person's emotions by their body language and it was actually really fun." I say smiling remembering the cockiness of Josh knowing we were going to get an A+.

"Aww that's great,I actually used to have a friend like that.. his name was Aiden, and we were such great friends but eventually the assholes in school assumed we were dating and eventually it got to Aiden and he distanced himself from me until we weren't friends anymore." She said sadly.

My face saddened at the thought of me and Josh not being friends anymore . I don't know what I would do if I lost him, he's my best friend.

"I'm so sorry that your friendship ended because of that."

She replaces her frown with a smile "It's fine, It was a long time ago." "Now let's do some shopping". She says grabbing her things.

"Yeah". I agree getting up from the table.

My vision went blurry as I stood up and I stumbled to the floor. Massimo who was standing guard came to my side with a very worried look on his face. Sandra was beside him worried and she was calling out my name. I tried to keep my eyelids open but they got heavier by the second, until eventually darkness consumed me.

A few minutes later....

"I'm fine honestly Massimo, I must have had low blood sugar" I say sipping a bottle of water he had gave me when I woke up. I was so embarrassed that I had fainted but luckily there wasn't anyone sitting outside the cafe so no one had seen me faint. Thank god.

When I had woken up Massimo and Sandra were very worried. Sandra wanted me to go to the hospital because my head hit the ground pretty hard but I reassured her by telling her I would go to the doctors later. Massimo on the other hand is acting as if someone did this to me.

"Come on Aurora you have to go to the doctors, your father will kill me if I don't bring you now."

"Okay fine". I say going to stand up but I stumble almost falling again, it's like my legs don't work, they felt like jelly.

"I'm so sorry Sandra. I promise I will make it up to you soon okay." I promise saying goodbye to Sandra.

She hugs me. "It's fine honestly Aurora, just go to doctors and text me when your done so I know your okay."

"Yeah I will, thanks for today it was really fun. "

"Thank you for reaching out to me, it was great, we'll talk soon okay, now go to the doctors... Bye". Sandra said smiling closing the car door.

----------------------------

A short while later Massimo and I arrived at the doctors, My strength was back by the time we got there.I made my way to the reception with a very cautious Massimo behind me.

"Can I help you?"the receptionist asks.
"Yes can I see a doctor please." I ask.
"Yeah of course, I will call you when the doctor is ready". She says pointing to the waiting area. I give her my name and go and sit down, Massimo follows and sits down beside me.

While I'm sitting there I start to get nervous, what if somethings wrong with Me? I am forced back to reality when the doctor calls my name.

"Aurora De Luca". The doctor says looking around the room. Massimo and I stand up and walk towards the doctor. She smiles and leads us towards a room.

"I'll wait out here." "Thanks Massimo". I say before going into the room.

"So Ms de Luca what can I help you with today? "The doctor says sitting on the chair.

I sit on the bed. "I fainted earlier today and I just want to make sure everything is fine."

"Okay that's no problem, I'm going to need a urine sample from you and then we'll figure out what's wrong." She says smiling. "Yeah okay". I say taking a cup from her and going to the bathroom.

I do my Buissness and give her back the cup and she leaves. I start to overthink about everything that could be wrong but I shake the feeling away. It's just low blood sugar I say to myself. A few minutes later the doctor comes back in with a clipboard and sits on her chair.

"Is there a thing wrong? "I ask worried when she doesn't say anything.

"Ms de Luca it seems you are 3 weeks pregnant congratulations."

"What?"

"You fainted because of low blood sugar and stress which isn't good for the baby". She said scanning through the paper on the clipboard.

"I'm pregnant". I whisper not quite believing it. How the hell could I be pregnant I mean I know the how but it was my first time, how could I get pregnant so easily.

I'm pregnant with Leo's baby. This isn't good, if he doesn't even want me then how will he feel about this baby. The doctor tells me to be more careful and to eat more food but I can't even register what she's saying because I'm too busy thinking about the outcome of this.

What's going to happen?How will mom and dad react to me being pregnant. How do I even tell Leo that I'm pregnant with his child.

"We can do a scan in a few weeks to see how the baby is doing if you want? "

A small smile appears on my face "Yes please I'd love that".

"Don't worry your going to do great." "Thank you."I say before standing up.

A few minutes later I leave and go to Massimo who's standing by the door.
When he sees me he walks towards me.

" Is everything alright?" He asks.

" Yes everything's fine, I was right, it was just low blood sugar." I lie. I'm not going to tell anyone that I'm pregnant yet, I just need a few days to process it and think it out clearly.

"Great". He says relieved "Now let's get you home." Massimo says smiling.

"Yeah. Home." I can't wait to shower and go to bed.

A while later we arrive home,No one was there thank god, I went straight to my room and went for a shower, When I got out I got changed into my pjs. I went over to my mirror and looked at myself, I turned to the side and pushed my top up to show my bare stomach, I saw a very little bump on my stomach. I layed my hand there with a smile on my face. Only then the thought registers in my mind.

I'm going to be a mom.