CHAPTER 40 : Congratulations It's A.....

The next week everything was as great as I could get

The next week everything was as great as I could get. Nikolai and Leo were still on good terms, Mom and dad were happy that I don't have to raise my baby alone, although I think I will forever apologise for lying to them and Chiara was over the moon that she has a grandchild on the way.

As for me and Leo we are the best we've ever been. We don't have this lie weighing us down and we can be free to be together because Leo always thought that I was too good for him and that our relationship would betray Nikolai but it hasn't and with that we be together.

The past few days Leo has been dying to find out the gender of our baby so that's what we're doing. I was hesitant at first just because I'm 7 months and its not long until we meet the baby but I eventually caved due to his unending happiness to find out what our baby is. We are currently on the way to the doctors in the Audi R8.

"You might have to get a bigger car." I say looking at the back seats which wouldn't fit a pomeranian let alone a car seat. Leo loves this car and I mean he is obsessed with it. I remember Luca got it for him on his 17th birthday when he learned to drive. It's his first car and remarkably there is no scratches or dents on it.... Yet.

Leo looks at me. "I know, that's why I have a surprise waiting for us when we get home" He states as he puts his hand on my thigh moving his thumb across it making my skin tingle and butterflies to arise in my stomach.

I scooch up from the seat. "Really what is it?" I smile with excitement.

"If I told you that then It wouldn't be a surprise now would it." He smirks at me as we pull up to a red light.

I reach over and kiss him. "I love you."

"I love you too" He smiles kissing me back deepening the kiss. He holds my face while the other one is on the steering wheel. The car behind us beeps and I laugh pulling away.

Leo growls driving off. "I'm going to need a retry of that kiss."He says.

I smile putting my hand on his. He removes it and instead our hands intertwine before resting them on my thigh again.

A while later....

"Hello Ms de Luca its good to see you again after all this time."The doctor says as she enters the room. She looks at Leo."And I see your not alone" She smiles.

"Yeah, we've come to find out the gender" I say sitting up on the bed.

"Okay perfect, lie down please." She says getting the machine set up. I lie down and lift up my top so she can put the gel on. "How many months are you?" The doctor asks.

"7 months since last week. " I reply.

"Wow, you guys are very close to meeting your baby, not long to go" She says looking at Leo and me.

"I know, these past months have went so quick." I say as she puts on the gel.

"I know how it feels, I have children myself. Trust me enjoy all the little moments because they grow up so fast."She laughs looking at the machine.

"Now let's find out what you're having shall we?" She asks.

"Yes please".I say excitedly looking at Leo who is looking at the machine. He is just as excited as I am. I squeeze his hand a little.

He looks down at me and smiles. "I love you."He mouths.

"I love you too." I mouth back smiling filled with excitement. I can't believe this is happening. If I told my year ago self that me and Leo would be standing here right now together and in love with our first baby on the way I would have never of believed me. I know we've had a rocky relationship but If I could change a thing I wouldn't. It made us the way we are now and I love that. I love him.

And now we're finding out the gender of our baby. Whatever the gender it doesn't matter. They are our little miracle and blessing and Leo is going to be a great father to our little prince or princess and I'm going to do my absolute best for our baby.

"Are you guys ready?" The doctor asks.

"Yes." We both say. I squeeze Leo's hand in anticipation.

"Congratulations, it's a boy."