CHAPTER 33 : Bittersweet Times

The next day

The next day...

Today is my first day being home and the feelings are.. bittersweet.

A Part of me is excited to be home but the other part would do anything to go back to 2 days ago to where everyone was fighting over what movie we should watch but then we all end up watching 'The Notebook' because Sofia does the puppy eyes and we all fall for it but I can't.

I never thought I would come home like this. I would do anything for Luca to walk through the front door and laugh with dad about the most stupidest of things that are so out of this world weird and confusing but still manage to be hilarious...I would do anything for it to go back to how it was.

Chiara stayed with us last night because she couldn't face staying in the house with Luca not there, mom and I stayed with her until she fell asleep but mom decided to stay with her Incase she woke up during the night.

When I went back to my room I contemplated texting Leo but I decided against it even though I desperately wanted to. After our conversation earlier that day I know he needs his space, especially now.

Meanwhile... 

"Dad are you in here?" I ask walking into his old office. I had searched the entire house looking for him with no luck,but I should've known he would be in here but I just assumed he wouldn't be seen as Nikolai has taken over the mafia from him and the office. (But dad was in here, thank god.)

"Hi Love". He gently smiles but I know it's fake. I walk over to the desk where he's sitting. He's still in the same clothes he wore yesterday.

I sit down in front of him. "It's okay to grieve dad, Luca was your best friend and more... he was your family." I say putting out my hands and squeezing his gently.

"I know love, it just hasn't sunken in yet." Dad gently smiled patting my hand and squeezing it gently to where I could barely feel it.

Before I could say anything dad gets up and walks to the window. "How is Chiara doing?"

"Umm she's doing as well as she can I suppose. Mom stayed with her so she will be there when she wakes up."

"That's good, Chiara needs all the support she can get right now. Nikolai is with Leo."

The moment dad said Leo my heart skipped a beat. "That's good".

"Thanks for checking on me sweetheart but I'd prefer to be alone for a while."Dad said.

I got up from the chair."Okay, but promise me dad you'll call me if you need anything."

"Yeah I will love."Dad replies hugging me."Okay". I whisper before leaving the room.

A while later...

"How are you guys?"I asked on the phone with Sofia sitting on my bed."We're good, we're going to be home soon, dads coming on a plane to pick me and Raquel up."

"Are Christian and Adrian coming too?"

"Yeah they are. Sandra sends her love and she said she would call soon to discuss her living arrangement."

"I forgot about that, I'll call her later."

I need to speak with dad but I was thinking about Sandra just moving in to the apartment. We never use it and it should be put to use. Sandra would of course pay some rent but I'm sure dad would agree with my idea.

"Have you spoken with Leo yet?"Sofia asks on the other line. I blink back to reality."Yeah I spoke with him yesterday."

"Well how did it go?"

"As well as it could've I suppose, we talked for a bit but he hasn't changed his mind about the baby, he said he'doesn't want to be a father not now and not ever'. "

"I'm sorry Aurora, I know that's not what you wanted."

"I was kind of expecting it to be honest. I'm not going to try anymore Sofia. I'm not going to beg him to be apart of our babies life. It's not fair to him and its definitely not fair for the baby."

"Aurora-" I interrupt "No If he doesn't want to be in the babies life I'm not going to force him to, I mean no one even knows the baby is his, everyone thinks I hooked up with someone at the club, so there's that."

"No one will ever know." I say in my head with my hand on my stomach.

"You are going to tell them one day, right?"

"Tell them what?"

"That Leo's the father of the baby your carrying."

"I don't know Sofia, I really don't know, look text me when your home okay I'm going to go for a shower."I say getting up from the bed. The baby is starting to kick and it's really uncomfortable.

"Okay see you later bye."
"Bye". I reply before hanging up.

Before I went to the shower I decided to go downstairs to check if dad or anyone needed anything. As I'm halfway down the stairs the front door opens and Nikolai and Leo walk in. I make eye contact with Leo straight away but he looks away no sooner.

They walk to the kitchen where everyone is. Chiara is sitting in the chair with a cup of tea in hand. I notice a single tear fall from her eyes but when she sees Leo she smiles and runs to him.

I walk to the kitchen as I watch them hug each other tightly. I hug mom and dad before sitting down. Nikolai sneaks up behind me and hugs me from behind. I squeeze his hands gently and smile.

Chiara and Leo sit down, Chiara still has the smile on her face which Is great. Nikolai squeezes my shoulder before going to the other side of the counter and sitting beside Leo.

Nik and Leo give each other a look before Leo coughs. "Umm Nikolai and I were talking and we agreed that I should move back in here, only if that's all right with you guys." Leo explains looking at mom and dad.

"Of course it is sweetie, you know we love having you here, your family." Mom smiles. "Yeah you can stay as long as you'd like."Dad says.

"Okay". Leo says somewhat relieved before Chiara pulls him in for a hug. "Your room is already set." Mom says excited. "Thank you Victoria".

"This is just like old times". Chiara says before crying. Mom goes and hugs her which makes her cry even harder but Nikolai says something funny which makes everyone laugh.

Yeah, it's just like old times...