ɪᴄᴇ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴄᴀᴋᴇ

My eyes burned with tiredness and with a glance at the clock I had to realise that it was already past midnight by now. A fact that had happened many times in the last few days as the day of the next monthly assessment drew nearer and nearer. I squinted as I realised that almost another month had passed. Due to the strict schedule, the days passed like hours, so one hardly had time to become aware of it.

By now this was my second month in entertainment, in less than two weeks possibly my third.

"Alright...let's start again," said Hannah after a short pause and I set my water bottle aside. The other two also raised their heads and grabbed their microphones while Hannah went to the music system again. For two hours we had been practising our group performance of Red Velvet's "Ice Cream Cake" and with each new attempt, we tried to correct our previous mistakes. My legs trembled under the weight of my body as I paced the dance hall and adjusted the video camera.

The red light of the camera burned in the next moment and I reached for my microphone while the others positioned themselves behind me in their respective dance positions. I followed them and lined up behind Su-a. Behind me were Hannah and Jinny.

Lalalalala lalalala

Lalalalala lalalala

Our collective voices filled the room as Hannah and I each took a few steps out of the straight line. Su-a and Jinny were the only ones who stopped in the middle and looked happily into the camera. I too had a smile on my lips, as did Hannah.

Su-a was the first to start Seulgi's original part. With the microphone in her hand, she followed our dance steps.

Oh haessal nunbushin hangaron hyuil

yeppeun saehayan weonpiseureul ipgo Oh oh

I jumped to the side but remained in the focus of the camera. The three girls remained predominantly still beside me, briefly leaving the spotlight to me for Irene's part. 

nan jibeul naseotji konnorae naoji

I turned to face the three girls and pranced back towards them with big steps again.

Lalalalala lalalala