ᴜɴᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ᴘᴀʀᴛ 1

YG Entertainment

Yang Hyun-suk's office

Yang Hyun-suk's dark eyes were fixed thoughtfully on the shakily scrolling video clip whose nightly content showed parts of the outer shell of YG Entertainment's massively rounded stone building. Silently, he watched as the image zoomed in and began to focus on the large windows, some of which were colourfully lit; in the background of the recording, the recorded female voices of two members of his group, which had been planned since 2011, could be heard audibly.

"The Instagram video happened to be taken by a 2NE1 fan..." one of his staff informed him and the rest of the staff gathered around the table.

"...According to her added commentary, she originally thought it was a yet unknown song by the girl group...until she finally noticed the altered voices that she couldn't match to any of the 2NE1 members," he added in conclusion, pointing to the recently posted message and making it stand out visibly on the digital board. 

"And...do you feel that this video will have a negative impact on entertainment or our existing and proposed girls' group?" asked one of the employees of the company's busy crisis management team, his eyes fixed critically on the image.

"Given the positive wording and praise expressed by the author, which is evident in the commentary...I rule out that possibility." the presenter replied, his fingers briskly feeling the black biros in his hand, causing blotchy partial marks to accumulate on the glossy surface.

"However..."

Yang Hyun-suk looked up and met the suddenly tense eyes of the speaker, who instantly continued the demonstration.

"In addition to the recording you have just seen regarding the recording of Forever Young...another...I'm afraid...video has been released." he finally brought forth, his head turning in the direction of the smartboard as every pair of eyes in the room followed his lead, staring at the digital board beginning to fade to black.

The incipient blackness was quickly replaced by a variety of darker and lighter tones as the recording lens of a mobile phone once again began to focus on the blurred image of YG Entertainment's main outer building. The lens within the camera moved restlessly across the facade of the building, finally ensuring the capturing footage was in focus.

Yang Hyun-suk slowly leaned over the table as electronic music sounded from the background of the video and the camera paused in its movement.

"Do you hear that?" a stranger's curious voice rang out from the recording as the camera meanwhile scaled the windows, hoping to decipher the source of the music that was unexpectedly blaring. It lingered at last on a row of windows covered by blinds of the recording studios presumed to be on the floor, which, despite the blackouts, allowed the flickering electric lights of the computers in use to shine through.