ʜᴇʟʟᴏ

Instead of being surrounded by my members, this time I was alone in the spotlight.

Even after six months of intensive training and significant improvements, my heart was beating the strongest and loudest at these moments. A clear difference to the group performances, in which the attention was evenly distributed among all members and everyone had the opportunity to present themselves at their best.

I felt Yang Hyun-suk's stern eyes on me and goosebumps crept down my spine. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up automatically as my fingers, gripping the microphone tightly, began to tremble.

Just like the other times, I stood with my back to the large wall mirror while my audience sat around me on benches or chairs. The rest of the trainees mainly took up the sides of the room. Yang Hyun-suk and the producers, as well as the cameraman, sat directly in front of me. I nodded briefly to the girl at the sound system before letting my gaze slide forward again. My grey eyes found the wall above the producers' heads and stayed there.

By now the soft piano notes of Adele's "Hello" were ringing out.

Hello, it′s me

I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet

To go over everything

They say that time′s supposed to heal ya, but I ain't done much healing

Hello, can you hear me?

I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be

When we were younger and free

I′ve forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet

There′s such a difference between us

And a million miles

I softened my singing towards the end of the verse, as I had practised dozens of times before, and then moved on to the chorus. My hand gripped the microphone tighter.

Hello from the other side

I must've called a thousand times

To tell you I′m sorry for everything that I've done

But when I call, you never seem to be home