ᴋᴀʀᴀᴏᴋᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴛ 2

My eyes widened in surprise when I entered.

Even the inside of the room lived up to the name Luxury Su Noraebang. A large room lined with white marble and enough space for at least ten guests. White furniture with gold highlights adorned the room, while an oversized flat-screen TV took up most of one of the walls. Beneath it was high-end equipment, such as speakers and microphones.

"This is incredible," I whispered, placing my grey bag on the white leather sofa that was directly opposite the TV. Jihe followed me and threw her bag into the corner of the sofa before reaching for the controls and turning on the screen. I glanced nervously at the screen, my knees pressed close together, my fingers interlocked. The door was closed and Ahri stepped towards some programme books lying on a small cupboard next to the door.

"She will be back in a moment to ask us what drinks we have chosen. If we have any other requests, we may use the bar and place our orders," she said, handing me the drink and food menu. I quickly skimmed it and was grateful for the English translation below the Korean. Meanwhile, my two flatmates were flicking through the programme and the selection of songs. They giggled quietly at many of them, so I caught a glimpse of them too. Mostly Korean artists I didn't know.

There was a knock and a man in black clothes entered. In his hand was a drawing pad.

"What do you want to drink?" I asked quickly, handing them the card. Meanwhile, I turned to the young man, giving him a quick smile.

"I'd like an Earl Grey tea," I said and the man's pen faltered for a moment but quickly continued writing. Ahri and Jihe, on the other hand, gave me longer looks of disbelief and each ordered non-alcoholic cocktails.

"Tea?" asked Ahri confusedly after the young man had left the room with our orders.

"Well...yes...I always drink tea...or water." I replied quietly, looking at her. Her incredulous eyes were still on me. I coughed slightly and pointed distractedly at the sing programmes.

"Have you chosen yet?" I asked.

I laughed out loud as Ahri and Jihe danced together to Hangover. Ahri's movements matched PSY's rhythm and my stomach began to ache. Her body shook wildly, making me grateful for the large space. Jihe, on the other hand, threw her arms in the air and twirled in circles. They both clutched the microphone tightly while the music video and subtitles for the song played in the background. The song soon ended and the girls threw themselves onto the sofa to my right. Their chests were rising and falling rapidly, a small layer of sweat had formed on their foreheads. Ahri reached for her third cocktail and stood back up to walk towards the windows.