ɪɴꜱɪɢʜᴛꜱ

Bamseom Han River Apartment Complex

15th floor

The newest dormitory for the group of five girls was located near the Han River in a multi-storey building complex that Yang Hyun-suk had made available to them a few weeks ago.

Through their years of training, the girls were used to living and sleeping in dormitories, learning to get along in close quarters with many of their peers. Their latest accommodation, on the other hand, was very different from the small rooms and poor conditions, such as insects and cockroaches. The complex was only a few minutes drive from the main YG building and training centre and had a generous view of the river. According to the girls' manager, most of their entertainment artists lived in the flats, so the hope of an early debut was becoming more tangible in the girls' eyes.

Night had fallen over Seoul by now and yet Miga Choi could sense the many vehicles outside driving along the Seogang Bridge. She was sitting between Jisoo and Jennie on the black leather couch when the last member of their group also entered the flat.

The four members looked up as the New Zealander entered the living room in her slippers and guitar case. Her cheeks were flushed from the cold night air, and her long straight hair was slightly dishevelled by the wind. Choi looked at the clock, which was almost midnight.

Rosé placed her suitcase against the white wall and joined her members on the couch, moving closer together.

"Sorry...for being late. I got held up," she said with a small smile and sat down next to Lisa, who looked up curiously. The others next to her also looked in Rosé's direction with interest, ignoring the television switched on opposite them.

"I ran into the new girl...we were talking and lost track of time," she said quietly as she could feel the girls' stares.

"She's very nice," she added a little later as they sat their members up in turn and looked at the black-haired beauty with big brown eyes. The television was forgotten.

"Is it true...I mean...is her hair really white?" the youngest member asked immediately, and the rest of the members looked no less interested in Rosé's direction, who nodded after a moment's hesitation.

"And that about...G-Dragon Sunbaenim?" chipped in Jisoo attentively. Rosé propped her head up with her hand and leaned against the leather couch.

"She said he heard her singing at a karaoke bar and invited her to an audition a few days later. Yang Hyun-suk heard her recordings and suggested she sign a two-year contract with our company," she explained, glancing at the girls.

"She has a beautiful voice." agreed Jisoo quietly and Lisa next to her nodded, as did Rosè and Jennie.

Much like her exceptional looks, Josephine Swan caused quite a stir at her first monthly assessment a few weeks ago. Choi could recall that the looks of the producers present went in the direction of the white-haired Brit several times with interest as she and her group performed. Her four members and herself were also eager to see the performance of the latest addition.

They were not disappointed.

The beginning of her solo song was difficult for the trainee due to her excitement. However, she was soon able to overcome this circumstance and covered the nervousness of her voice with warm, delicate tones, which came out of her mouth louder and louder and with more and more feeling into every corner of the room. Even Yang Hyun-suk was impressed and let the girl pass with little criticism.

"She's never sung before." said Rosè suddenly, and once again had the full attention of her members, who just looked at her in confusion.

"What do you mean?" asked Jennie.

"Josie...she told me she never sang before karaoke night." added Rosè and more than a few members opened their mouths in amazement. Choi, on the other hand, looked at her bent legs instead.

Even she had to admit that the Brit had a beautiful delicate voice, however, she assumed from the beginning that she had some vocal training that allowed her to have that voice. Each of them had received some basic training in singing or dancing before joining the entertainment, which they either had to refine or relearn as they progressed.

Jennie was one of the first trainees in her group, along with Choi, and has been interested in K-pop since childhood. With her song "Take a Bow" by Rihanna and passed her audition in 2010, she became a trainee at the age of 14.

Lisa started dancing at the age of only four and regularly took part in competitions. She later took additional singing lessons and with her talents achieved 1st place at an audition in Thailand in 2010. In April 2011, she was officially accepted into YG Entertainment.

In the same year, Jisoo was signed to a contract. Besides acting, the Korean showed interest in music and dancing, so she successfully passed her audition with the song "I Have a Lover" by Lee Eun Mi.

And Rosè, similarly to Lisa in Thailand, reached 1st place among 700 participants in her audition and was finally signed in 2012. In the same year, she sang the duet "Without You" together with G-Dragon.

And Choi joined YG Entertainment as a trainee in early 2010. She also successfully passed her audition and took one of the top spots with "Halo" by Beyoncé. Meanwhile, she was one of the oldest trainees along with Jennie, who had been waiting for her debut as a singer for several years.

Meanwhile, disbelief was reflected on Choi's features.

"She danced really well too." Choi heard Lisa say in the background. Choi couldn't disagree on that point either. Although she performed the choreography stiffly and awkwardly at first, she became more relaxed over time, similar to her solo song. Her body began to adapt to the rhythm of the music so that by the end of the choreography she was on par with the rest of her members. Her group performance was no less impressive, matching her singing and dancing with the other members.

Four of the five members continued to talk animatedly about the Brit while Choi remained quietly in her seat, lost in thought.