Complications

(Y/N) walked through the party in the company of Shyvana, looking around with curious and cautious eyes. Nervous for the chance of finding himself surrounded by the media, but his worries were cut short by the dragon woman when they reached an area more separated from the other guests.

Shyvana: Who were those two women again? I think they are acquaintances of my father, but I haven't had the chance to meet them properly. Are they important?

(Y/N): They are two members of KDA.

Shyvana: The pop group?

(Y/N): Yeah.

Shyvana: How do you know them?

(Y/N): I work for them, I'm some sort of personal assistant.

Shyvana: Some sort?

The guy took a moment to try and organize a decent explanation, but he ultimately failed to do so.

(Y/N): It's complicated.

Shyvana: Complicated? You slept with them or what?

(Y/N): I actually did, with those two in specific.

Shyvana then stopped walking and turned to see the guy, giving him the most confused glare she could.

Shyvana: You?... with them?

(Y/N): Is that so hard to believe?

Shyvana: Yes.

(Y/N): Well, believe me or not, I do work for them. But that aside, you want me out here to help you deal with that Du Couteau guy, right?

She sighed in annoyance and decided to leave the other topic behind.

Shyvana: Yes, good job remembering the name.

(Y/N): Sure, but why do you need my help?

Shyvana: I need someone to calm me down in case I want to rip his throat off.

(Y/N): That bad?

Shyvana looked around the place, trying to see if she could spot the guy in question, but after a moment of silence, she simply kept the conversation.

Shyvana: I've been grateful to the Lightshield family for my entire life, my father and brother are basically everything I have in this world besides my own strength. For years, they have shown me support and affection, never turning their backs to me despite the problems I might cause. They see me as part of their family, but that comes with the burden of the family name. I'm not the first born, not even someone from the bloodline, but as the only woman in this generation carrying the family name, it is expected for me to find a suitable person to share the family name with. And my solution until now has been, not finding anyone at all.

(Y/N): Simple solution, very effective in short terms.

Shyvana: Yes, but I know eventually it'll happen, however, I absolutely can't allow anyone to come and get the family name through me. And this person is inside that list, because I know he only wants the status, the influence. He doesn't share the values of my family, but of course just beating him up is not a solution this time. Causing troubles between big houses from different nations would be terrible for my father's name and position.

Just then the conversation stopped, as Shyvana frowned in displeasure at the sight of the guy in question, making (Y/N) raise his guard. The whole reason he was asked for help was there, it was time to confront him. As he got closer, (Y/N) prepared for the worst.

Shyvana: Marcus, not so much of a pleasure to find you here.

(Y/N) took note of the guy's name and waited for his response, but he took a moment to do so, as he was watching him attentively. It felt like he was analyzing and comparing them both, and after a moment, Marcus rolled his eyes and made a small triumphant reaction.