Love games

-Sona POV-

It was late in the afternoon already, just a couple of hours until the sunset... and the situation isn't the best right now.

(Y/N): Do any of you know what to do for the rest of the day?

Ahri: ...

(Y/N) and I were walking in front, with Ahri following behind; an awkward expression was clear on her face. . She was constantly stealing glances at (Y/N), some times with a worried expression, and others with a saddened one.

We were strolling through the park, and Ahri, our "fun source", wasn't paying attention to anything but the guy at my side! Normally she would be over-excited about every single slide or game we could play, but now she's just there with a conflicted expression all over her beautiful face.

I mentally sighed at this. Maybe another try could call her attention.

Me: Geez, what should we do now? The whole park is ready for us to enjoy and I don't know what to do next.

(Y/N) seemed to catch my intention and played along.

(Y/N): I would probably enjoy everything around here, but that's the thing, I don't know what to pick first. If only a good, cheerful, and beautiful friend could help me right now.

Ahri: *silent worry*

...

Okay, fuck subtlety.

Me: Ahri?... What has gotten into you?

I grabbed her face with both hands, forcing her to look into my eyes. She stayed surprised for a moment until she finally reacted.

Ahri: Hah? Huh!? Oh right! The fun! We could... I don't know what to do.

(Y/N): Seriously, what is going on with you? You suddenly lost all interest in everything.

Me: Is something wrong?

Ahri: N-no, not with me. At least... I think.

She tried to look towards (Y/N) for a moment, but I kept her eyes locked on mine for another moment before letting her go. There is obviously something about (Y/N) that worries her.

Let's see. Since I found them, or better said, they found me, this has been an emotional rollercoaster. They seemed to be fine one second and then they freak out the next. It is something that only happens to those two, neither of them acts that way with me...

Maybe they are...

Something caught my attention while I was looking around.

There was a small stage with a huge banner that said "LOVE TRIALS", just like that. Some couples were gathering near there, obviously ecstatic to know what it was about.

The area piqued my curiosity, and I began walking there, leaving both my friends behind.

As I got closer, I started hearing some sort of carnival music. Two tall and slim men came from behind a curtain on a small stage.

???: Well, look at what we have here, brother!

???: I see it clearly, we have a lot of potential couples around!

???: So, what do you say? Should we help them find their perfect pair?

???: Of course we should!

I don't know how to feel about this. It seems like one of those cheap carnival games that doesn't lead anywhere by itself. If someone finds their beloved while playing those games, then it was surely because they already had a special connection with that other person. The game doesn't do anything by itself, playing UNO in their home would have the same effect if you ask me.