Unexpected

-Third Person POV-

Fear. The horrifying feeling of pain or even death creeping from behind, glaring from up close, getting near second by second. Hunting, crawling in a slow and unnerving way...

Ahri: I don't want to do this...

(Y/N): You trusted me too easily, fox.

Yes, in the end, Ahri shouldn't have trusted him. Her worst mistake was...

Letting him choose the first attraction they were going to ride on at the amusement park.

(Y/N): Come on, this seems fun.

Ahri:Idon'twanttodothisIdon'twanttodothisIdon'twanttodothisIdon'twanttodothisIdon'twanttodothisIdon'twanttodothisIdon'twanttodothisIdon'twanttodothisIdon'twanttodothisIdon'twanttodothis.

(Y/N): What, scared of being upside down at high speed?

The terrified expression on her face didn't go anyway. In fact, she had her reasons. They were already in their seats, with the harness locking them in place. The attraction they were in was called the Mjolnir, in remembrance to the hammer of the nordic god. It was the typical pendulum that moved the people from side to side until it gains enough momentum to achieve a full rotation. However, what made this one a special machine was the speed it was able to reach. After all, in a society with constantly increasing necessities from super-humans, things usually have to reach certain extremes to be more interesting for everyone. The majority of the current technology of the world was now made out of runic circuits, a powerful mixture of magic and technology. However, with a society so diverse in so many ways, it was literally impossible to create anything that could satisfy absolutely everyone. Something like that would have been impossible in a normal world too, but let's forget about that.

*Clank*

The machine started moving slowly, being pulled backwards by the powerful mechanisms. The sound of the engines working only helped Ahri to grow more terrified every second.

(Y/N) (thoughts): Who would have thought that she is so easy to scare? But more importantly, she looks incredibly cute...

*Click*

The machine stopped. During the next five seconds, (Y/N) looked around him, seeing everyone's expressions. A lot of people were as excited as him. Others were as terrified as Ahri, much to his amusement. Then...

*Cachink*

A metallic sound of a lock being released marked the moment when the fun started... or the demise, depending on who you ask.

Ahri: GYAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

*

(Y/N): Come on, it was just ten minutes, you can stop sticking to my back. Besides, you are showing your ears.

Ahri was currently grasping his back with still a terrified expression. Like a cat that was clinging to the ceiling with its claws in a cartoon, actually. She was piercing (Y/N)'s chest with her own claws without the slightest intention of letting go.

(Y/N): It wasn't that bad, I didn't feel anything.

Ahri: Y-you s-said t-that b-be-because y-you c-can m-move a-at t-the s-speed o-of s-sound...

(Y/N): Oh right. Maybe that was the reason why I didn't feel anything. What about you? Looks like you enjoyed it in my opinion.

Ahri: Fuck you.

She said while jumping down from his back, taking her claws out of his skin. A slight groan of discomfort came out of his mouth, though it was barely perceptible. He quickly fixed his shirt and turned to Ahri with a smirk.