Past and present life

-Ahri POV-

After (Y/N) finished placing everything in the room, we prepared the console and let the games start installing. Since it might take a while, I decided to start a little conversation.

Me: So... How long do you think you will resist before falling asleep?

(Y/N): I don't know. I'll probably fall in two or three hours.

Me: That's enough time to finish at least the first game of one of the two trilogies. Which one do you want to play first?

(Y/N): Let's start with Crash. The Spyro trilogy was the most recent one, and I have been wanting to play Crash for a while now.

Me: Sure.

An uncomfortable silence fell in the room. Uuhhmmm... I need to find a good conversation topic, or this is going to end being really weird.

Me: So... you said that you used to play these games when you were a kid too, and... how old are you?

(Y/N): Nineteen years old. You knew already, didn't you?

Me: Oh right! I was the one that was informed about you after winning that contest.

(Y/N): W-what about you?

Me: It's really impolite to ask a woman about their age, don't you know?

He looked at me with an expression that said "seriously?"

Me: Okay, okay. I'm 24 years old.

(Y/N): Oh... I thought you were younger...

Another uncomfortable silence. Why didn't I think this might happen? Now that I remember yesterday, we were talking to each other perfectly. There wasn't an uncomfortable moment. It was all perfect... way too perfect actually.

(Y/N): I wanted to ask you since this morning, why did you decide to become part of a pop group? You seemed to be doing well by yourself.

That caught me off guard, but I remembered those days.

Me: It was because I met Akali.

He looked at me with a curious expression. I looked to the game progress - barely 14%. I can tell him about it since we have time.

Me: One night...

-Flashback-

I was going out for a walk after a concert when I saw some strange looking lights shining from the top of a building. Curious about it, I climbed the building using the fire escape, and saw a girl graffiting a wall. At first, I felt indifferent. "Just another idiot doing more disgusting drawing on the wall" I thought.

But then, I saw what she was painting a little better. It was a painting of a girl with a smoke bomb in her hand, reaching out for something with the other. So many scenarios were happening within the smoke: a girl being trained in martial arts; another sitting in a desk with a pile of books at her side, being scolded... crying on her bed... learning manners. Alone while people surrounded her... so many things that she was obviously holding by herself, and everything was painted in grey tones. But the other side showed something else: her true aspirations, represented in bright blue, purple and pink tones. Music, walking in the mall, eating with friends, dancing, painting.

She stopped painting and walked backwards a little to see her work. I decided to walk towards her.

Me: You have a lot of talent there...

I immediately stopped talking, we were very close, facing each other. The girl was holding a blade to my throat. But she wasn't in a better situation, I was holding a magic fire orb to her abdomen, which was what made her stop.