11

"Love leaves a memory no one can steal"

Ibrahim

Waiting patiently outside rukayya mum's house I cringe at the harsh sun, i remove the small tecno phone from my pocket and dial her contact again, it rings without answering making me to sigh as i sent her another sms to let her know I'm still outside.

2days ago rukky left and we haven't finish our discussion, i really need her to come home with me, i miss them alot, my cement have arrived yesterday and everything is loaded in the shop I even receive extra 5bags from them, so i have a total of 105bags of cement, today is our first day of opening, my junior brother Ahmad is there, hopefully we make some sell.

"Yeah I'm done i will come as soon as I pick haidar from school."rukky's voice say as the gate open, she glance at me and head back inside the house clicking her car open as I enter the house looking around the premises.

"Dan Allah give me a minute I will call you back."she say and end the call before looking at me with a tiring sigh.

"What is it Ibrahim?
I told you I'm not going anywhere,
Give me my divorce papers this marriage is not by force i say I'm not doing again."she say and I sigh.

"Rukky,
I promise you everything will be alright, i have a business now and if the almighty bless it we will do just fine, i have rented the house as you requested, if not because of me for haidar and our unborn child."i say and she shake her head.

"Ibrahim i lost the baby,
There's no any pregnancy,
Do me a favor and divorce me,
"Ana auren dole ne?"
Abeg your own is just too much,
Be acting like you are not a man
Baka da zuciya ne hala."she say opening the car door and I hold it.

"Rukky did you lost the pregnancy or did you get rid of it?"i ask staring into her eyes, if anything I know rukky doesn't find me intimidating.

"So what if i get rid of it?
It's my life and my body,
I don't want to have another child for you Ibrahim, why am i even living in the first place is not as if you can do anything to me,
Yes Ibrahim,
I get rid of the pregnancy, be a man and divorce me for aborting your unborn child."she say maliciously and I just stare at her, sometimes i wonder how i become so unlucky,
I know for sure I'm a nice person i do everything i can to make sure I didn't hurt or offend anyone around me, for once i want to question God why he chooses to punish me by choosing rukky to be my spouse or is there a thing I'm doing wrong that i don't know about for God to give me a terrible spouse like her.

Quote from holy Qur'an surah An-Nur verse 26(Qur'an 24:26)

ٱلْخَبِيثَـٰتُ لِلْخَبِيثِينَوَٱلْخَبِيثُونَ لِلْخَبِيثَـٰتِ ۖوَٱلطَّيِّبَـٰتُ لِلطَّيِّبِينَ وَٱلطَّيِّبُونَلِلطَّيِّبَـٰتِ ۚ أُو۟لَـٰٓئِكَ مُبَرَّءُونَمِمَّا يَقُولُونَ ۖ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةٌۭوَرِزْقٌۭ كَرِيمٌۭ

Al khabeesaatu lil khabeeseena wal khabeesoona lil khabeesaati wat taiyibaatu lit taiyibeena wat taiyiboona lit taiyibaat; ulaaa’ika mubarra’oona mimma yaqooloona lahum maghfiratunw wa rizqun kareem.

"Wicked women (are) for wicked men, and wicked men (are) for wicked women; and good women (are) for good men, and good men (are) for good women. Those are (declared) quit of whatever they (i.e., of what the wicked ones say) say; they will have forgiveness and an honorable provision.