EPILOGUE.

The sun seems to be quite brighter than it always does. The scented wind carried the happiness of the guest and the aroma of the food. The whole place had the fragrance of lilies and elite decorations.

Despite the surreal surrounding, Alex was angsty. He didn't stop by to listen or greet the guest as he rushed towards his room. When he opened the door, he was starstruck when he saw Elena in her satin dress, muttering expletives under her breath but loud enough for Alex to hear.

Completely enthralled by Elena's beauty, he stood leaning against the door watching her. After a few minutes, he realised his motive behind rushing to see her.

Stepping inside the room, he walked towards her. Elena was halfway through getting her pearl earrings when she felt familiar arms around her. She looked at the reflection to see it was, indeed, Alex. Normally she would be appreciative of him, but now, the time's not right.

"Can you stop being a clingy husband for once and let me be?!"

Though Alex was taken aback by her choice of words, he did not reveal it in his expression. On the contrary, he chuckled.

"Is my wife grumpy for wearing a dress?"

Elena elbowed him which led to Alex, untangling his arms. She turned around and levelled him with a glare. "First, I don't like dressing up. Second, I hate socializing. Third, don't call me grumpy or else you will end up on the couch."

Alex ignored her fake threads as he scanned his wife with an appreciative look. "You look really beautiful." Though he wanted to express how he is drowning in the abyss of beauty, he kept his words simple since Elena hates cheesy exaggeration.

"Stop it. This dress is killing me. I just want to get back in my usual clothes," She whines, simultaneously fixing Alex's tie. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she looked up. "You came back in no time. I thought you were planning to stay with Benjamin."

"Oh, right, yes," Alex said as he pinched his nose. "That's why I came back. There's a bit of trouble there. Ben's panicky. I want you to-"

"-Daddy?"

Alex stopped speaking when he heard his favourite person call for him. Spinning around, he looked at his daughter, rising from her bed, one fist placed against her eye. He smiled as he walked to pick his four-year-old daughter up.

"Had a good sleep, Sarge?"

She nodded sleepily before placing her head on his shoulder, pulling her right hand up to cling to her father's shirt. Alex patted her back lightly on a rhythmic note.

"I have to dress her up," Elena said, eyeing her daughter's casual clothes.

"I'll do it. You check on Ben."

Just when she was turning to leave, she heard a ping from her laptop. Alex also turned to look at it. "I'll check the notification." Elena made a silent agreement as she walked towards the door, squeezing Alex's hand on the way. She walked a few steps and paused on the way when she heard Gwen's voice, gushing about how she would make Ben do the laundry and make him her official chauffeur.

"Elena? Thank God you're here. Gwen is constantly fidgeting around. Help me, already!" Jessica grumbled angrily, trying to fix Gwen's hair.

"Hey! It's my day. I get the choice to do what I want."

Jessica pinched her nose when Gwen's hair cascaded down her shoulder. She has to redo the hairstyle again.

"I'll send Jennifer for lending you a helping hand," Elena said and quickly rushed out before Jessica could ask her to stay. Walking for ten more minutes, she reached Ben's room.