Chapter Forty-Three

Monday started with a bang. Luke had been up most of the last three days, and only slept a couple hours last night.

They were close. He could feel it, Logan could feel it, the team could feel it. There was an energy in the air that was downright tangible.

Then, finally, they got a ping on Alan's cell phone.

It was only for a moment, like the scrambler Alan had been using lost connection and faltered for a second. One second, a gap narrow enough it would have been missed had they not been stalking it as they were. 

"Where is that?", Luke asked the agent who called it out, hovering over his shoulder.

Logan vaulted over a desk and was at his side in a moment.

"That's about forty minutes south of the city, about forty minutes north of home, right on the border. Paige was spot on", Logan declared in wonder.

Luke smiled. She typically was.

"All right", he said, clapping the I.T. agent on the shoulder, "you all stay on this while Long and I mobilize".

He turned to Logan. "Get us a flight while I call Rev".

"What about until we get there?", Logan asked, his light gray-blue eyes worried.

"I don't want to risk this guy taking off on us", Luke said. "I don't dare send anyone anywhere near him until we're all in position. He'll spook".

"Maybe not", Long said. He grabbed his laptop and plugged in the coordinates as the agent read them off.

"That's where I thought", Long said, meeting Luke's eyes. "He's holed up in a state park. Maybe Ip feels like a winter hike?"

"A state park? You think he's camping? Can you camp there?"

"Yep, you can. I've hiked there before. Not in winter, though".

"Ip alone would possibly work, but if this guy is already paranoid...it might make him suspicious to see a lone guy.", Luke mused out loud. "Who can cover Paige's family if we send him?"

"I'll call the station", Long replied with a grin. "I know someone who could pose as Ip's girlfriend for the hike, and I'm sure she can send someone else to watch Paige's family".

...........................................................................

I was still asleep when Rev woke me by kissing the back of my neck with his hand between my legs. Apparently his penis worked this morning and he needed to prove to both of us that it did.

I wasn't offended or annoyed. If he needed to do this to improve his mind set, I was all for helping him.

I climbed on top of him and started moving. After a short time, I could tell he was really close, desperately holding back, trying to wait for me, but I wasn't that into it. I kinda only wanted it to be over but there was no way I would fake an orgasm with Rev. No fucking way. I knew he would know. I had done it with Brad plenty of times, and he never found out, but he wasn't Rev. Plus, Rev was already sensitive about his abilities. If I didn't orgasm, he was going to take that personally.

I closed my eyes, relaxed, focused on my body, felt his fingers digging into my hips, and adjusted how I was moving.

Rev moved one hand from my hip and found the right spot between my legs with his thumb.

That did it. We finished together, thank goodness.

I draped myself across his chest, resting my forehead against the side of his face.