Chapter 16

My arms were terrible from all the wounds and dirt and i think i have something on my forehead too.

I was sitting on the cliff next to Jetfire.

"That really, really hurt. You're just lucky that i didn't get hurt! People could have gotten killed, okay? And if i would've gotten hurt, you would have heard..." Simmons said to Jetfire.

"Shut up." Simmons got cut off by Jetfire.

"I told you i was opening a space bridge. It's the fastest way to travel to Egypt." Jetfire argued with Simmons.

"Egypt?" I said outloud and i looked around us.

"When did you,,, When did you tell us? You didn't tell us anything. You didn't tell us anything. Why are we in Egypt?" Sam stood up an started to argue too.

"Sam stop yelling!" I raised my voice at him.

"Don't you get snippy with me, fleshling. You were duly informed." Jetfire said and he went to sit down.

"Can you just stop for a second? Can you focus?" Sam started.

"Could you all just be quiet for a moment? You're giving me a headache." I said to all of them.

It was quiet like 10 seconds.

"Why are we in Egypt?" I asked from Jetfire.

"This planet was visited by our race once before, by our earliest ancestors, millennia ago. They were on an exploratory mission to harvest Energon, the lifeblood of our race. Without it, we'll all perish, oxidize and rust, like my wretched self. Do you have any idea what it's like to slowly fall apart and die?" Jetfire asked from us.

"Let's not get episodic, okay, old-timer?" Simmons said to Jetfire.

I could agree with that one.

"Beginning, middle, end. Facts. Details. Condense. Plot. Tell it." Simmons told Jetfire.

"Somewhere buried in this desert, our ancestors built a great machine. It harvests Energon by destroying suns." Jetfire started.

I looked the sun and i was slightly confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked again.

"Destroy suns?" Sam asked after me

You mean blow them up?" Leo asked worried.

"Yes. You see, in the beginning, there was seven Primes, our original leaders. And they set out into the universe, seeking distant suns to harvest." Jetfire continued.

"Optimus has told me about the seven Primes." I murmured.

"The Primes set out with one rule, never destroy a planet with life, until one of them tried to defy this rule. And his name forevermore was the Fallen. " Jetfire said and then he showed a hologram about the Fallen.

"He despised the human race and he wanted to kill you all by turning on that machine. The only way to activate it is with a legendary key called the Matrix of Leadership. A great battle took place over possession of the Matrix. The Fallen was stronger than his brothers, so they had no choice but to steal and hide it from him. In the ultimate sacrifice, they gave their lives to seal the Matrix away in a tomb made of their very own bodies, a tomb we cannot find." Jetfire told us the whole story about the Fallen and the Matrix.

I turned around and i looked the cliffs.

"Somewhere, buried in this desert, that deadly machine remains. The Fallen knows where it is and if he finds the tomb of the Primes, your world will be no more." Jetfire added.

I looked at Jetfire and i started to think how we can solve this thing.

"Okay, so how do we stop him?" Mikaela suddenly asked from Jetfire.

"Only a Prime can defeat the Fallen. " Jetfire said and then i felt bad again.

I looked my shoes and i felt like everyone were staring at me.

"Optimus Prime..." I said and then i looked at Jetfire again.

Jetfire was staring at me and then he lowered himself to my level so he could see me better.

"So, you've met a Prime?" Jetfire asked.

"Yeah..." I murmured.

"Why, you must have met a great descendant. Is he alive, here on this planet?" Jetfire asked.

"He save me but... but..." I couldn't finish the sentence.

"So, he's dead." Jetfire said.

I felt so bad again and i didn't want to feel that way because it was Optimus's decision to save me. I can hear his last words and i can see how the light in his optics just shut down.

"Without a Prime, it's impossible. No one else could stop the Fallen. " Jetfire said.

"But, the same energy that's gonna be used to reactivate the machine could that energy somehow be used to reactivate Optimus?" Sam asked.

"And bring him back to life..." I said after Sam and i lifted my eyes and i looked between Sam and Jetfire.

"It was never designed for that purpose, but it's an energy like no other." Jetfire said.

"Yeah... that's it! We just need to find the Matrix, but we need to find it before Decepticons find me. How?" I asked from Jetfire 'cause i trusted that he knows the answer.

"Follow your mind, your map, your symbols. What you carved in the sand, it's your clue. When dawn alights the Dagger's Tip, Three Kings will reveal the doorway. Find the doorway. Go now! Go! That was my mission. It's your mission now. Go before the Decepticons find me and find you." Jetfire said and pointed at me.

Sam started to pull me to his way.

"Sam, we really need to find the Matrix." I murmured to him.

"I know and we will." Sam responded to me.