Chapter 17

Chapter 17

*Third Week*

*Monday*

Megan’s P.O.V:

I have a meeting with T at 10 this morning. I get up at 9. Take a shower and get dressed and ready. I wore my burgundy jumper with GEEK written on it, a pair of denim jeans, navy vans and a grey beanie. I run downstairs and grab a croissant for breakfast. Apparently now, each contestant has their own personal driver. I walk out to the car park and find the car that will take me wherever I need to go. “Hello” I smiled as I got into the car. “Hello, I’m Paul, you must be Megan” he smiled as he looked into the rear-view mirror. I’m glad I have a friendly driver, not one of those really grumpy ones. “Are we going to rehearsals ma’am?” asked Paul “Yes, and please just Megan not ma’am, that sounds way too posh” I giggled. Paul let out a hearty chuckle “Okay Megan, off to rehearsals it is.” I sat for most of the journey in silence staring out the window. “Well, Megan, here we are, give me a ring when you need me okay?” Paul handed me his card. I nodded and thanked him for the lift.

I walked in and greeted T with a hug. “How are you Megan?” she asked. “I’m good thanks T, how are you?” I replied. “Good thanks. Now is where the hard work starts, this week’s theme is heroes. When it comes to music who do you look up to what songs really make you feel good?” T asked. I thought about this for a bit. “I quite like Jessie J because she was told that she would never make it that she was worthless, and now, she is following her dream and doing what she loves.” I babbled. “Well, I think you shouldn’t do one of her more upbeat songs this week. Have you heard her song called ‘Who You Are’?” T asked. I nodded. I love that song. We agreed that I would sing that song this week. I was looking forward to performing it.

I left Tulisa and went to get some lunch. I quickly grabbed and sandwich and then I had to go to vocal coaching. Here was where I would learn my song and make sure it was pitched perfect. I then went back to the hotel to practise. Tomorrow I would have chorography. The first ones into chorography are the ones with the upbeat songs and routines. That’s why I didn’t have to go till tomorrow. After judges houses last night I’ve gained nearly 30,000 followers. Woah, that’s freaky.

As I headed down to dinner, I saw the Union J boys bouncing about the corridors. “Someone has had a bit too much Coke” I joked. They were on such a high from rehearsals today. They were really excited to perform, whereas I was petrified. I went down to dinner and we just chatted away about bits and pieces. I went back up to my room and practiced my song some more. It has to be perfect for Saturday.

*Tuesday*

I got up pretty late today; I didn’t have to meet with Brian until after lunch. I eventually pulled myself out of bed and got showered and dressed. I pulled on a hoodie and trackies, I wasn’t bothered to make an effort. I walked downstairs for some breakfast.

On the way back up to my room, I bumped into someone. “Watch where you’re going, bitch” Carolynn sneered. Fudge. I couldn’t have bumped into a less friendly person. Carolynn just barged past me purposely pushing into my shoulder on the way past. Ugh, I couldn’t stand her. I don’t even know why she doesn’t like me.

I left the hotel at about 12:30. The second I walked out the door, there were huge flashes in my face. Whoa! What the fudge was this? Then it dawned on me, it was the pap’s. Ugh! I am not going to like these people invading my personal space. I just smiled and walked toward Paul’s car and I went to choreography.

We decided to keep it simple enough, I would start at the back of the stage, slowly walk forward to the mike stand and do some simple are movements. I felt dead stupid doing them, I don’t know why. I decided to get an early dinner in Mc Donald’s instead of the food in the hotel. I really shouldn’t be eating this; I am trying to lose weight. I went for the meal with the lowest amount of calories and decided that I would go to the gym back at the hotel.