Chapter 29

Chapter 29

*nineth week on the xfactor*

*Monday*

Megan’s P.O.V:

I woke up this morning at 5:30. I’d barely slept all night; I was constantly tossing and turning. I gave up trying to sleep and got up. I got washed and dressed and hung about. I played my guitar and sang a few of my favourite songs. The hours crawled passed and I struggled to keep myself occupied. I was so happy when it turned 8:30 so I could go downstairs and have breakfast with Jahmene. I was early of course but Jahmene didn’t mind.

After breakfast I went up to my room. I was already washed and dressed so to pass the time I went on the laptop. I checked facebook and twitter and I replied and followed a few fans. I decided to see if I could find any of the photos from the lads night out last night, with Rylan and Kye, I was sure most of them were drunk. The first sight I thought about was Sugarscape. I found the article and I flicked through the photos, my stomach dropped. I couldn’t believe what I was reading. I felt sick. I knew it.

Union J’s George Shelly was the only one to come out of London’s popular club with some dignity. He didn’t seem as drunk as the others as he walked out hand in hand with this gorgeous blonde, Megan Kelly is gonna be jealous! Tut tut George! George took the blonde back to the hotel and after she was refused admission George spent half an hour with her outside the hotel, involving a cheeky snog or too!

I saw the pictures of him leaving the club with her and snogging her outside the hotel. I couldn’t believe he did this to me. I thought it was different, I guess not. I was so angry and upset I was full-on crying at this point. I trusted George, and he goes and snogs someone else, and he wasn’t even that drunk? That was too far. I grabbed my phone and typed a message to George incredibly fast. “I’m really, really sorry George, but this is just not working out. We’re over. Goodbye George Shelly” I tried not to sound too angry, but I made a promise to myself that I would avoid the boys as much as possible, obviously I would have to see them at weekends but I would do my best to avoid them. With all my emotions all over the place I knew exactly what song I wanted to sing this week.

I dried my eyes, grabbed my guitar and went to my meeting with T. I was so depressed with what has happened in the last two hours but I am doing my best to look cheery. “Hey babe, what’s up?” T asked, concerned. “It’s a really long story, but I know I’m not normally demanding or whatever but I know exactly what I want to do this week” I murmured. “I’m always here for you if you need to talk, I’m not going to force it out of you. You’re not being demanding at all, I’m glad you’ve made a choice, can I hear it?” T asked. I nodded and began to strum on my guitar. This song was perfect for ‘Songs from my childhood.’. When I finished the song, T’s eyes were watery. “What’s wrong?” I panicked. “Nothing, that was just beautiful, I think I know why you’re so down now. Just don’t let it get to you; boys can be stupid at times. You’re definitely singing that this week. I don’t even have to go through cords with you or anything.” T gave me a hug. “I know it’s kind of childish to sing this song, but I loved Hannah Montana when I was younger, this is one of her more mature songs and the message in it just really tugs on an nerve.” I babbled. T just nodded.

I went to lunch with T in Nando’s and we chatted about anything and everything, it was nice to have T to have girly chats with because I was the only girl left on the x factor. I went back to the hotel to practise the song for this week. I had been practising for a good bit, it felt good to let all my emotions out through this one song.

I played some JustDance, I really didn’t want to go down to the gym for exercise. After that, I grabbed my guitar and practised some more. This week, I would feel at home on stage singing this song and playing my guitar.