Chapter 31

Chapter 31

*Tenth week on xfactor*

*Monday*

Megan’s P.O.V

This past week had been awful. I just wish the past week was just a dream and I would wake up in my room back home surrounded by my pictures in my cosy bed. I just wanted to be able to walk downstairs and get one of my mum’s comforting hugs and be able to make one of my delicious omelettes and go to the stables to be met my that comforting smell. Nobody understands that ‘horse smell’ like us riders. It immediately relaxes us.

I got up and showered and dressed. I pulled on some jeans and a sweatshirt. I slipped on my vans and headed downstairs to have breakfast with Jahmene. Jahmene appeared shy, but as I got to know him over the weeks, he was actually clean crazy! He was so much fun to hang out with, he brightened up my morning.

I went to meet up with T to find out which song I’ll be singing this week. I didn’t stay at the studios long enough last night to find out what the theme was for this week. T had a smile on her face when I walked in. “Your performance was amazing on Saturday, Megan” she beamed. I smiled back. “Now this week, we have a surprise for the contestants.” T paused. I wonder what kind of surprise? “Today, all the contestants are getting the train to Paris and you are going to Disneyland. You will be coming back to London on Wednesday night” T beamed. Yes! I had been to Disneyland before but I was too small to go on any of the rides. I gave to a huge hug and thanked her. “That’s not all, Megan” T beamed. What else could she be doing? This announcement had made my day, finally a chance to relax. “We know this competition is a lot of pressure, so all the contestants are getting a break from the show for this weekend and you get to go home. You flight is booked for Thursday morning and your coming back on Monday evening.” T smiled a mile wide. No. Fudging. Way! I was getting to go home! I absolutely couldn’t wait to get home. I screamed with excitement “No way, this is a joke!” I squealed. T just shook her head. “You’re going home for the weekend Megan!”. I gave T the tightest squeeze ever. “Megan. Can’t. Breathe” T breathed. I laughed and let her go. “This is amazing, just what I need right now!” I exclaimed. T nodded, “I know, just go and have fun, I’ll meet you back here on Tuesday morning.” I jumped up and raced to get back to the hotel.

I ran upstairs and packed my clothes, I couldn’t wait to go to Disneyland, but I was even more excited to get to go home. I heard a knock on the door, it was Jaymi and Josh. Thank god the other two didn’t come. I let them into my room. I was bubbling with excitement. “You have obviously heard the news them, I have never seen you this happy or excited apart from the time we went horse riding.” Josh laughed. “I’m going hooooommmmmeeeee!” I squealed. “Yeah, but do you not remember Disneyland, are you not excited about that too?” Jaymi questioned. “Yeah, I suppose I am. But I haven’t seen my family since I moved over here, your families come down to watch every show” I said. “I never thought of it like that!” Jaymi smiled. “When you’re done packing, come over to my room, you can come to the train with us” Josh smiled. My stomach plummeted, my mood ruin in a millisecond. “Umm... I rather not, I... um... have to...” I trailed. “It’s okay, you don’t have to make excuses, Josh was a Muppet for asking you that” Jaymi replied, shooting daggers towards Josh. “We better go get packing, see you on the train!” Josh smiled. The boys left my room and I finished packing.

Our train was at 12.00 and I was at the train station at 11.30. I hated being late for anything. I never really went on the train much; there wasn’t any trains up in the North-West of Ireland. I was super-excited to be going on the train to Paris. I had never been into Paris, like the city centre area. Five minutes before the train, the other contestants started arriving. We all boarded the train. Caroline and Olly were coming with us to film for xtra factor. It was going to be tough to act all nice round JJ and George, now that we were on camera all the time. I sat at a table with Caroline and Rylan, we had the best laughs. Rylan was one of the funniest guys ever, it took me a while to get used to his thick Essex accent, and I suppose it was the same for them with my Irish accent.