Chapter 30

Chapter 30

*Live Show 7*

*Saturday*

Megan’s P.O.V:

I woke up this morning with a huge knot in my stomach, I was so nervous for tonight’s performance. I got showered and dressed. I loved the refreshing feeling of having the warm water trickle down my body; it helped me calm down when I was stressed. I dried my hair and threw it up into a pony-tail. I threw on a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a sweatshirt. I pulled on my vans and left to go for the studio. I made sure that I didn’t forget my phone or my guitar.

I was in my dressing room practising for this evening and relaxing. I could hear sound checks going on in the auditorium. I crept in and walked up towards the back to watch the sound checks. Rylan’s performance was amazing. He was such a good performer. After his sound check was over, everyone headed down for lunch. I only felt like something small so I grabbed a sandwich from one of the vending machines. I seemed to be living on sandwiches these days!

After I finished my sandwich I went to watch the rest of the sound checks. The boys were up, they were singing one of my favourite songs by Lawson, ‘When She Was Mine’.  George looked right at me when he sang the first few lines, “Everywhere I go, Everything I do, Reminds me of you” I felt extremely guilty for what I had done to George. I really shouldn’t be feeling guilty because he was the one who cheated, but I can’t help how I feel. George belted out the first few lines of the chorus before harmonising, whilst staring right into my eyes, “When she was mine, Everything was easy, Everything was simple, Never felt so good, When she was mine” My stomach twisted with guilt. I don’t know why I was feeling so guilty. Ughh, why are my emotions all over the place. George stared into my eyes for the whole song, I tried to break eye contact as he belted out the last line by himself, “But I need her, but I need her, but I need her” George doesn’t need me, he has billions of girls dropping at his feet desperate to even see him.

The boys left the stage and went and sat down in the audience, the crew took a 2 minute break and I went to grab my guitar, my sound check was up next. As I began to strum guitar, I did my best not to make eye contact with George, this song was about him, in a way. After I sang, I walked towards T. “Megs, that was amazing, remind me to hide tissues under the desk” T laughed. I gave her a hug and we went through the songs a few more times. Every time I sang it I remembered what George did and I felt awful.

I went back to my dressing room to hang out for a while. I ended up sobbing in anger; I still couldn’t get over the fact that George did this to me. I thought he was a sweet guy, not a player. I guess I was wrong. It was so tempting to grab those nail scissors and just let all the pain wash out of me. I couldn’t do this, I promised Jay, that’s who I needed right now, Jaymi. I needed to be strong! I sent him a quick text. He was round in my dressing room in minutes.

“What’s wrong Megan?” he sounded panicked when he saw my tear stained face. “I really don’t know, I’m just being pathetic and selfish, you should be with the boys. Listen, I was thinking stuff I shouldn’t have so can you please dump these in a bin somewhere?” I handed Jaymi the scissors. His face dropped. “You didn’t did you?” he gasped. “No but I think I might if you don’t dump those scissors, I’m doing my best to keep your promise, but it’s really hard. I feel so guilty for dumping George, I watched your sound check and the way he sang, I just felt so guilty I don’t know why I’m all over the place!” I cried. “Shh... It’s okay, look, please don’t cut yourself, it won’t make anything better, please, for me” Jaymi pleaded. I gulped and nodded. “Can I leave you now?” Jaymi asked. I nodded and gave him a hug. He left my dressing room.

Jaymi’s P.O.V:

I can’t believe, all because of George, we’re back to square one, Megan being extremely insecure and wanting to cut again. I had to do everything in my power not to get her to cut again. I was getting slightly angry, but I couldn’t believe George made her feel guilty when it was him who cheated on her. I walked into our dressing room to see the boys messing about. They saw me throw the nail scissors onto the table. “Where have you been?” George asked. He was out of breath from laughing with the other two. “Yeah where were you? And why do you have those scissors?” Josh asked. “I was in Megan’s dressing room.” I announced. Josh immediately caught on to what was happening. “Did she?” he gasped. “Nearly but she asked me to take them, so she wouldn’t break her promise.” I murmured. Josh’s face dropped. George and JJ were tuned out. “George, you’re an idiot!” Josh growled. George turned his head, clearly confused. “I’ve just brought these from Megan’s dressing room” I held up the scissors. George’s face dropped. JJ was still confused, typical JJ. “She nearly did George and she feels extremely guilty because of what happened” I murmured. George looked gobsmacked. “We’re back to square one, she back to the girl we knew at the start of this whole thing.” Josh sighed. I nodded.