Bursting the Bubble

Press play (skip to 15 secs)

Catalina's pov

I wake up sometime in the late afternoon, has to be, and Cate is staring at me. "That's super creepy" I say trying to play it off but she keeps looking. "No shame in my game" she says tracing my face with two of her slender fingers. I just looked into her eyes as she studies nearly every millimeter of my facial structure. "God you don't even know how you beautiful you are" she said beginning to tear up. "Don't cry, please" I said beginning to tear up myself, what a great start. "I'm fine darling I just really hope I can help you see your beauty" she says. "You already do" I state and a smile graces her perfect lips. 

"You have perfect lips" I say smiling slightly, "I could say the same about you" she replied. "Your hair is so soft and... braid-able" I say and she chuckles. "Your nose is one of the cutest things about you" she says making me blush. "I love your hips, they're like the perfect shape" I say. "Really?" She asks surprised, "yeah they make your ass and thighs look good too. They all go together very well" I sat reaching behind her and giving her ass a squeeze. She giggled and scooted closer to me, "I also really love your hands. That's one of the best physical things about you"

"Ok enough enough" she says blushing profusely, "I finally got you to take a compliment" I joke. I pat myself on the back earning an eye roll from Cate. "Are we just gonna lay in bed all day?" She asks and I nod gripping onto her tightly. 

Cate's pov
She's a lot more comfortable with me now which I really love. The compliments are a lot but I can take it for her. "Do you want to watch a film?" I ask her and she nods once again into my chest as I turn on the television. We watch one or two when I remember there's something I have to tell her. "Hey Catalina..." I say and she hums telling me to continue. "What's your middle name?" Instead I blurt out something I've been wanting to ask her because my brain is fucked like that. "That's weird" she giggles and I shrug, "I have two middle names actually so it's Marli Valentina" she says. "That's really pretty... so your full name is... Catalina Marli Valentina Watson" I state. 

"Well no... I have 2 last names" she chuckles, "how did I not know this??" I ask surprised, "I don't usually put it for jobs and stuff. Mostly because it's insanely long but also so I'm more... well so I appear less diverse. Essentially I can use either of them legally but my full name is Catalina Marli Valentina Hernandez-Watson" she says. "Well shit. Catalina Marli Valentina Hernandez-Watson..." I breathe out. "Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue" she laughs and I laugh too. "So if we got married my name would be Catherine Hernandez-Watson... or you would take my last name maybe" I say absently. She lifts her head off my chest and looks me in my eyes, hers wide. 

It takes me a moment to realize what I just said. "Well- I mean... if that's something you would want- or-" she stops me with a finger on my lips. "You would want to marry me?" She asks shyly and with a hint of sadness and I smile softly. "Well of course... you're everything I need and more" I say confidently. "Really?" She asks skeptically and I take her face in my hands looking her square in the eyes. "Yes, my love, you're the most wonderful person I've ever met" I say dreamily. "Well I want to marry you too. Catalina Marli Valentina Blanchett... I like the sound of that. I'd probably legally keep my full name as well though. Imagine that... on legal documents it'll say Catalina Marli Valentina Hernandez-Blanchett. I'll drop Watson cause it's pretty basic anyways" she giggles. 

This is the happiest I've ever been, she didn't even freak out she seemed so at peace. "I feel so at peace" I say, "me too" she says looking at me lovingly and I give her a soft kiss. "I do need to tell you something" I say getting back on track. "Yes" she says smiling softly still, I hate to make it go away a but it's better now than later. "I have to leave to film for 3 weeks, I just found out" I say. Her smile instantly drops and she looks so sad, I pull her into my chest and hold her tight. "Don't worry though, you haven't spent much time with the kids so Andrew insists on keeping them. He doesn't think you should be 'unsupervised'" I scoff. 

"So at least you won't have to be here alone with them so soon..." I say trying to find a bright side. "So I'll be here all by myself?" She asks sadly, "well... yes. But I'll go shopping with you so you'll be stocked up on food. I promise to bring you something back as well" I propose. "Why can't I just go with you if the kids won't be here?" She asks shakily, my heart is breaking piece by piece. "Oh darling I wish you could. My hours will be so long that we won't get to spend much time together anyway. They also won't allow me to bring you on set, believe me I asked" I say stroking her hair. "Ok" she whispers hugging onto me a little tighter. 

"When will you leave?" She asks and I just know this is going to be the worst part which is why I tried avoiding it. At least for as long as possible. "In 3 days" I whisper, and she abruptly sits up, I flash her an apologetic smile. "Why are you just telling me this now?!" She exclaims, "I only just found out myself, I knew the filming was coming up. But with everything going on I completely forgot, and they sent me an email reminder today. Usually, I'm better with these things and keep a calendar because I know my memory is shit. I just got lost in the hustle and bustle I'm so sorry baby" I say reaching out for her. 

"I need a minute" she says quietly, "ok... just please... don't do anything..." I whisper. She nods and leaves the room. I'm left there with tears in my eyes feeling like I've let her down. I hate to see her so sad especially when I cause it, it just breaks my heart. How can I make this better?