Chapter 4 : My Rival is an Ugly Dog

Half Moon

Chapter 4

My Rival is an Ugly Dog

"I'm a handsome and funny man,

that's why the ugly dog can't help but envy me."

#WayuisNewMoon

"Sawasdee Ka, welcome to UNISTAR SHOWTIME!"

The current programme recording didn't really have a script as they wanted to capture our candid reactions and behaviour.

"Recently, we can see that board games and card games are played everywhere, so our staff prepared some games for UNISTAR members to play together. Have you guys ever played any board or card games before?"

"When I was a freshman, I used to play board games at cafes." P'Leo answered.

"Oh really? N'Leo ka, which game did you play most often?"

"It's the Ticket to Ride."

"Oh, it's a long-term strategy game." She nodded, and turned to ask another UNISTAR member.

"I like to play DIXIT." P'Sea said. "And I would win almost every time."

"Wow, that means you're good at guessing and tricking people, right?"

"Maybe." P'Sea chuckled.

"N'In, what about you? Which games do you like to play?" She asked P'In.

"I only play... jackstones[1]."

Imagining P'In playing jackstones, I couldn't help but giggle. That was too cute for a calm man like him!

"You really like traditional Thai games." MC said with a smile and finally turned to me.

"What about you, N'Wayu, N'Natee?"

"Exploding Kittens!" I answered excitedly.

I often played this game with my classmates because it wasn't hard to play - it depended on your luck and technique.

However, why was that bastard saying the same thing as me at the same time again?

I was about to argue, but...

"I said it first, copycat." That bastard was faster!

"No! I said it first and I've played this game way longer than you." I opposed it.

"Longer than me? No way! I've played it since I was in secondary school." He argued.

"Ha! I've played it since I was three years old!"

Obviously I lied just because I didn't want to lose.

"It doesn't matter who played first. All UNISTAR members will be playing Exploding Kittens together today. Hooray!" The MC interrupted and the staff brought out a brand new pack of cards.

"Wow!" We exclaimed and applauded.

"Let me tell you how to play the game." She told us to sit in a circle as she picked up the kitten cartoon cards and explained to us.

"The concept of this game is the same as Russian Roulette. Each player will take turns drawing a card. If you draw an Exploding Kitten card, you will lose. And the last one who stays alive will be the winner."

"No-eye, I'm sure you will draw an Exploding one and die."

That dog started cursing me again. I clenched my teeth and snapped back.