Chapter 17 : That Ugly Dog is Both Fierce and Tame

Half Moon

Chapter 17

That Ugly Dog is Both Fierce and Tame

"Should I be happy that there's a fierce dog begging for attention?"

#WayuisNewMoon

It was close to the day of our fanmeet and the second episode of the series was centred around me and the dog preparing for this event and our brand ambassador events.

Simply put, it was the daily life of idols. The dog and I were frequently forced to act sweet with each other in front of the media. At first, I felt very irritated, but later I got used to it, thinking of it as part of the performance. As an idol, I had to be able to do everything.

But after that shooting day, when the dog messed up his lines and even ran around the building, I couldn't help but wonder what happened to him.

"Hey, dog, what happened on the day we recorded the safety video?" I asked when I encountered him and recalled that day.

"Why? Are you worried about me?" The dog annoyed me, making me roll my eyes.

"I'm just asking, can't you answer properly?" My words made him raise his eyebrow.

"On that day, nothing happened." He eventually answered. "It's just...don't make that face and look at me like that again."

"What kind of face did I make? Why?" I frowned.

"The face you made while we were shooting."

"Oh, I was so handsome that you can't stand it? Haha." I laughed at him but he just sighed and ignored me. I didn't want to give him any attention either, I should just focus on the fanmeet instead.

This fanmeet would be quite special. Instead of the usual 'UNISTAR Fanmeet', this time, we're calling it 'Let's play UNISTAR: Are you ready?'. There were two types of tickets available: Player and Audience. General audience tickets had different prices based on the distance from the stage, while the player tickets were the closest to the stage and the most expensive because they could participate in the activities.

The development team under MW Enterprise created wristband devices that would function as game controllers. The player zone was divided into teams based on fandoms. It was the first time any UNISTAR fanmeet had allowed participants holding Player tickets to join the rehearsal.

Even more special, the UNISTAR member who wins the game and his fans who held the Player tickets would get to attend a party together afterwards.

This event would have a lot of new and exciting things. I heard that on the first day that the ticket sale went live, fans flooded the website to book tickets, almost crashing the domain. Thanks to PD Kwang's boyfriend, an IT expert, the system was quickly recovered. Despite the chaos, the tickets were sold out in minutes, and there were many tweets looking for a resale for the Player tickets but there was no seller. The fans requested more rounds of this event, but PD Kwang said that surprises should be a one-time occurrence, if the response to this event is positive, there would be new activities in the next fanmeet.

I was so glad that the tickets sold out, revelling in the support from fans - I was counting down the days to meet my fans. This event was one with minimal preparation and only required a mere rehearsal to familiarise ourselves with the rules and regulations of the game. The goal was to create a gaming experience that felt natural and unscripted.

On the day of the fanmeet.

"For this rehearsal, remember that the fans are watching. You don't need to win the games, but you have to maintain your image. The main focus is to ensure that Players understand the rules. Okay?" A staff member told us.