The Maze Runner ~Newt x Reader~

You ran as fast as you could to the Maze entrance. Waking up to a note from Newt (your boyfriend) and him not by your side shocked you. He never woke up so early to get to work.

You continued to run as fast as you could hoping to catch Minoh before he left. Tears started to stream down your face.

"Please please please I have to get there in time"

Re reading what the note had said in your mind you started to cry even more and gave you even more motivation to run faster. I love you, read the note, thinking of Newts recent behavior in the glade and at night he seemed so sad you connected to dots. 

You saw Minoh and he was about to run into the maze 

"MINOH! MINOH"

You yell catching his attention as he was halfway in the Maze doors. You caught up fast but Alby grabbed you by the waist trying to pull you back away 

"NO STOP. Let go of me!" You say trying to squirm away from Albys grasp

Minoh was confused and kept looking back the Maze was about to close and he had no clue why you were so scared

"MINOH HES IN THERE" You yell 

Minoh looked into the maze worried and he ran in. You kept fighting Alby to let go of you until he finally did you fell to the ground and you couldnt keep in your tears anymore. All emotions of fear and sadness came rushing to you. 

The entire day you sat in front of the maze door all day not eating not drinking not even looking away for a second. Soon sunset came and the doors started to open and you quickly jumped to your feet and when the doors got open enough you could see just barely an exhausted Minoh carrying a helpless blonde. 

Fear rushed over you as some of the boys crowded along the door, everyone saw what was going on and called for the Med-jacks. 

"New..." You whisper debating what to do 

Without hesitation you go and try to run into the Maze but once again were grabbed by Alby but this time he was ready and prepared for the ball of human strength he was holding back. 

Clint and Jeff came over as Minoh finally got in the Glade just in time and he layed Newt down in the grass and let Clint and Jeff do the rest. Alby handed you to Minoh and you watched crying as Newt was taken to the infirmary. 

Minoh sat with next to you as you lay in your hammock neither of you said a word all you did was hand Minoh the note and as he read it he just knew. Soon Clint came to see you both he was a bit scared and was ready to get pushed out of the way by you 

"Hes awake now you can g-"

You cut off Clint as you stood up and ran to the infirmary. Opening the door your breathing was heavy and unsteady as you looked around the room eventually looking to your right and see Newt sitting up with his leg tended to. 

"Oh my Newt"

You pull him into embrace being careful not to hurt him but making sure to squeeze him in fear it was all just a dream. You pulled away to see a soft apologetic look on his face. Then you grabbed hi face and pulled him into a kiss. 

He melted into the kiss and so did you, your hands made their way to his neck pulling him deeper and deeper into the passionate kiss as his hand caressed your arm comforting you. You pulled away after what seemed like forever and you rested your head on his trying to contain tears. 

"Y/n Im sorry I-"

"Newt please dont, talk to me next time ok baby" Newt nodded as you were pulled back into another hug 

You broke away and Newt looked deep into your eyes, you rubbed his bruised up and cut face with your thumbs making your own pain even worse 

"I love you princess"

"I love you too, please dont leave my side ever please"

"I wont I promise"

Newts smile returned as you sat there with him until he was well enough to stand and walk again. 

~Timeskip~

It had been two years since the incident now and you had helped Newt get better with himself. You loved seeing his smile and seeing him happy and laughing. He was much better now but he was still very conscious about the limp he had from the incident. 

You were both in the garden walking around making sure all your work for the day was done when you noticed Newt was wincing in pain just ever so slightly 

"Love does it hurt"

"Yeah a little" he said looking down embarrassed 

You cupped his face and tilted it back up to meet yours. as he put his hand on your shoulder

"You wanna go rest im sure Alby wouldn't mind"

He nodded and rested his head on your his closing his eyes and his hand sliding down your arm to meet yours tangling your fingers together. He lightly chucked as you pulled awya and started o lead him away. 

He couldnt be more happy to have someone who supported him throughout everything that has happened and someone who loved him as much as this. The rest of the nigth consisted of small kisses and cuddles as you tightly held each other not wanting