StrangerThings ~Jonathan Byers x Reader~

It had been about a month since you had talked to Jonathan. He had really pissed you off this time. During everything that was happening with Will and the upside down and everything you tried to ignore the way him and Nancy conversed. 

But you just couldnt take it and when you two fought about it thats when you stopped talking. 

~Flashback~

You heard that jonathan had gotten into a fight and you quickly rushed to the police station to see if he was alright but when you got there you were so ready to pull him into your arms and hug him tight. But instead Nancy was sitting there, taking care of him holding his hand, and they were both smiling at each other like they truly meant something to one another, more than friends. 

Since this has been going on for a while you decided to address it to him later that night once he was out of the station

"JONATHAN! Please just listen to me"

"No y/n I wont, your accusing me of this when im not even doing anything im just in a blur and super stressed right now my little brother is out there alone with this weird thing crawling around trying to kill him"

You tried to keep your cool and you could see Jonathan was too was this going to be a temporary setback or the end of your relationship 

"Jonathan I understand how you feel but im just asking you to listen to me you and nancy just-"

"NO Y/n you dont understand how I feel youve never had a family remember they died you dont have anyone so no you wouldnt understand how I feel"

You went silent and your eyes went wide. Jonathan never talked to you like that or as little bring up your family. They died in a tragic car accident as the three of you were going on a trip, sadly you were the only survivor. You went to go live with your aunt but she was never home, she was just out gambling and sleeping with any man she could find at the bar, leaving you alone for your whole life. 

Tears welled up in your eyes as you remembered what a real family felt like. When you met the byers you felt like you were at home like you were actually loved for once like you werent so alone. 

Realizing what he said Jonathan went into shock

"Y/n I didnt mean to-"

"No you know what Jonathan, your right I dont know what it feels like but to me Will and you always had a special place in my heart like you two were family, but thanks for reminding me I dont actually have one"

You start to storm off and Jonathan chased after you trying to get your attention. But you were too angry to care all you were trying to do was address what you were feeling to your boyfriend and then he just reminds you of everything thats happened to you. You went the rest of the mission avoiding and not talking to him even after you had saved Will. 

~End of flashback~

You stare at the small tree on the mantle place it was as bare and empty as the rest of the house. Christmas was always your favorite because you always celebrated with the byers after Jonathan realized how lonely you were but since the fight it was just another lonely Christmas. 

 You looked at yourself in the mirror, clutching your arms tight to your body in hopes for warmth. Your yellow skintight skirt and black turtle neck sweater was just enough to keep you warm but somehow it was the inside of you that felt cold

~With Jonothan and will~

Jonathan got in the car buckling himself in along with Will 

"Can I open it"

"Hm oh uh yeah go ahead"

Will began to open the brightly wrapped present that Nancy gave him. Holding it up he stared in awe

"Aw cool look" Will said holding up the new camera

"Yeah it is pretty cool" He smiled a bit 

Jonathan began driving home. But something inside of him told you to go back to you, you were all he was thinking of and how messed up he was to say that to you and he truly was so lucky to have you that you even looked in his direction. 

He then changed routes to go to your house

"Jonathan where are we going" Will asked 

"Dont worry I just need to pick someone up real quick"

~~~~~~~~~

You heard your doorbell ring as you were contemplating and began to wonder who would see you now. You go to the door and open it to see the man who broke your heart. Upon sight of seeing him your heart sank and you went to close the door again but he stopped you

"Y/n please just listen to me" 

You hesitantly listen and cling onto the side of the door ready to regret listening to him

"Look y/n im such an ass I know I never meant to say that and I shouldve listened to you ive never felt so lonely before and if im being honest i was never so lucky, I mean I never thought someone like you would enter my life or even look at me, your so fun and bright and beautiful and youve always were so supportive and always stood up for me"

You straightened your stance as Jonathan said those things about you. He took a pause when he realized he was rambling and got to the point 

"I love you Y/n.....come spend christmas with us"

He held out his hand to you, you looked at it hesitantly and went behind the door grabbing your coat and taking his hand

"Lets go"

He smiled and took you out to the car opening the door for you to see an excited Will. You all drove the the byers house. When you enetered your eyes made way to Joyce in the kitchen setting up everything. She saw you and she lit up making her way to you

"Oh Y/n its so nice of you to join us again oh and me and jonathan saved some christmas tree decorations he wanted you to be apart of the festivities too, you can go ahead and do that while I finish up dinner ok"

You thanked her and nodded smiling at jonathan. Making your way to the tree Will was already there on the floor inspecting the presents to hopefully guess what he got. You saw the box on the side and started pulling out ornaments putting them up on the tree. 

Not long later you hear Joyce asking what Jonathan was doing you smiled already knowing. Then he entered the living room and started taking pictures of Will, then taking some of you. Glancing over quickly you couldnt help but smile and chuckle a little. 

"Jonathan cmon now"

"Yes I have to, you know people tend to not say what theyre thinking often but you can capture it just at the right moment it says a lot more"

You continued to hang the ornaments as he kept taking pictures of you uncontrollably smiling and blushing. You didnt feel so alone again.

Soon Joyce called you three for dinner and you all sat down as Will said his theories on what he got and Joyce saying everything that was wrong with what she made. You and jonathan calmed her down and you all sat down to eat. 

As you happily ate listening to Will talk about his dungeons and dragons game you smiled at jonathan beside you he leaned over and kissed you on the side of your head. 

"Ew Jonathan gross"

You laughed at Wills disgust and Joyce admired at how happy you and her son were. 

"Merry christmas Jonathan"

"Merry christmas y/n" He said with one more kiss happy you resolved everything 

For now