9. Baby~

Hi~ Thank you all so much for reading and liking my story!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

By night we were back at Beast City. We didn't even stop for lunch, much to the dismay of Winston and Curtis, who both wanted me to eat.

Once we we close to the city's entrance, the guards stopped us because Curtis is a feral.

"Please, there's no need to be cautious of Curtis. He is my mate, see? We just want to go back to our house, he will not harm anyone" well, if they agitate him enough he will do a lot of harm but better not tell them that...

One of the guards left but the others did not let us pass. What's wrong? Didn't Winston say that Curtis can come in if he is mated to me? What happened now?

About 10' minutes later or so, the ape king came and looked at us.

"What's going on here?" he calmly said.

"They must have called you here because Curtis is a feral and they didn't know if they should allow him entry or not" I said to the ape king with a gentle tone "But he is already mated to me and he is of no harm to the others around him, especially other females if that's what you are worried about. With that said, please allow Curtis to enter the city and let us go back to our home"

"Well spoken female. You are right, there's no reason for him not to enter the city if he is mated to you, feral or not" he smiled at me and then turned to the guards "Step aside. They are allowed to get in"

"Thank you so much" I said with a smile and we got in the city. Now straight to our house we go.

Half an hour later, we were outside of our house. Finally! Now there's no reason to travel anymore! I'm not a travel person anyway so good for me.

We got in and Curtis putted all the things that he carried in a corner for now. I got off of Winston with the help of Curtis and Winston transformed back into his beastman form and lit up a fire. Kudos to them for seeing in the dark because I can't.

"Welcome home Curtis" I hugged him and he wrapped his arms around me as well while giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"It's good to be back home, right Winston?"

"Yes it is" the fondness in his voice made me melt "Now wait here" And just like that he left me with Curtis. Where is he going that late at night?

I didn't have to wait long before he reappeared with an orange in his hand.

"You didn't eat anything today so you should at least eat this for now" he peeled the orange for me and fed me the fruit.

After that, it was time for us to rest. Winston carried me upstairs and set me down on the furs. He got behind me and pulled me close to him in a spooning position.

"It's a little chilly tonight" I said and pulled the cover up over me and Winston "Curtis? Where are you? Come here and get some sleep" A hand grabbed mine in the dark.

"I'm right here. It's cold tonight so it's not beneficial for you to sleep next to me. I'm cold blooded so I can't provide you any body heat to keep you warm" he sounded sad as he said this  and tried to pull his hand away but I didn't let him.

"Nonsense. It's not that cold anyway, it's just a little chilly, that's all. Now come here and lie down next to me before I get angry" I pulled him down and both he and Winston chuckled at my lame attempt to overpower and manhandle him.

He laid down next to me but didn't get under the same cover as me and Winston which made me start pulling him under the cover and close to me which made both of them laugh out loud.