30. The Agora

Hello everyone! Author here~

How are you all doing? I hope that you are doing amazing. I'm finally back from my holiday trip! I had such an awesome time!

Here's the new chapter. I hope that you'll enjoy it!

If you like the chapter, then please like and comment on your favourite part cause both keep me motivated to write more chapters! Thanks a lot!

P.S: In the novel, Mitchell said that he is 35 years old, but in the most recent chapter in the comic he said that he is 50something years old. Do you wish for Mitchell to remain 35 or do you wish for his age to be 50+?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The next day after the fight, Winston was up on his feet and out of the house with Leon to go to the tiger castle. I really didn't want Winston to get out of bed when he has so many injuries but he kept saying again and again that he was fine.

Every month in the City of Beasts there is the agora in the center of the city -that is considered common area for all beastmen- so that all beastmen could go to exchange and buy goods. That agora is the biggest of them all.

But there are also small agoras happening in every clan and most of them are exclusive for the clan that organise them.

Winston wants to have an agora happening tomorrow in the tiger clan to celebrate his victory. But more importantly, he wants to invite the lion pride to participate.

Why would Winston invite the lions to participate in the agora that is exclusively for tigers you may ask? Well, Leon and Winston want to merge their clans and make it into one that has two kings.

The agoras is one of the ways that females can find new males, so understandably a lot a males go there in hopes that a female fancies them. In the agora, there are also some stages that males go and fight to show their skills -mostly to impress the females-.

Winston and Leon would later go to the tiger clan's females and convince them to take lions as their mates. The same is being done in Leon's pride, with Iakov going to convince the females that they should get tiger mates.

The sooner Winston and Leon merge their clans together, the better.

Shuu went to see his father and would later hunt and Harvey was doing his doctor duties. That leaves me and Curtis together in the house. We were inside the bedroom, looking at all the furs we have.

I pleaded with Curtis to help me make winter clothes for all of my mates (including Shuu and Harvey) and at first he did not agree at all, but later he came to help me make clothes for the cold season... For me... Ah, he never changes...

I asked Curtis what type of clothing he would like and he said none since he doesn't find them practical, saying that when in danger he quickly transforms to his snake form, ripping the clothes in the process and he will hibernate in the winter so he won't need them.

But I still want to make him something. Curtis may not say anything but the weather is getting colder and colder and he is not at all resilient to the cold because he is cold blooded. I've even seen him tremble a few times.

An idea came to me and I asked him if he at least wants a shawl. He can take it on and off easily without ripping it if he needs to transform and it will keep him warm. He had no idea what a shawl is, but after I explained it to him, he smiled saying that he would like one.

I immediately started working on making one for him using a black pelt. He is going to look so good wearing black and he will look all the more intimidating.