35. Certain actions have consequences

Hello everyone~ Author here!

Here's a new chapter! If you like it please leave a like and a comment on your favourite part of the story, 'cause they both motivate me to keep writing!

Hope you enjoy the chapter!

P.S.: The chapter is not edited, sorry... I really have to find time to edit them...

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Mitchell was then quickly escorted out of the city, taking my scarf with him. "To remember me" I told him as I wrapped it around him and explained what I used it for.

After his departure, Harvey and the rest of my males were fussing over me.

Seriously, it doesn't even hurt that much... Ha, I wish!!! It really hurts like a bitch!!! I'm starting to regret playing the hero...

But, eventhough it hurts, I would do it again to ensure the safety of my males. What's a little bit of pain compared to the knowledge of being safe in the long run? I say that it's only a small price to pay!

It's not like I'm going to bitch about how much pain I'm in to my mates. I'm already 100% sure that they had a panic attack the moment that I cried.

Anyway, once Harvey patched me up, I decided to rest a little bit near the fireplace and I started thinking.

My long term goal is to try and change Mitchell's way of thinking. I've already came to term with the fact that Mitchell was born rootless and can't change that.

Honestly, it's weird how this world works. A male can be born rootless just because his father is one. But eventhough they are rootless since the moment that they were born, they can still put a spousal mark on the first female that they mate with or mark.

I can't make Mitchell have the feelings of a normal beastman, that's for sure. He can't feel empathy or love.

I know that he has things that he likes and dislikes though...

Mitchell is able to think clearly and is sane enough to be able to make choices. He is actually pretty cunning so he for sure has a brain.

The real problem is that he was raised by a monster of a beastman. He really doesn't know or has ever seen what empathy is. I'm not even going to mention about morals because with him they've left the chat the moment that he was in his mother's womb.

So how exactly I'm going to change his way of thinking, I really don't know...

But at least I'm going to try! I know that he won't change easily, if he even changes at all. It's going to take a lot of time and effort to make him at least decent, because I know for a fact that he won't ever be normal thanks to his "perfect daddy dearest".

If I succeed, I won't feel so much fear in his presence and I also won't have to worry about him attacking one of my mates. He won't dare attack Curtis, but he may want to challenge Winston and Leon, exactly like he did in the comic... Neither Mitchell or Winston lost and the battle ended without an actual winner. I sure as hell won't let luck decide if Mitchell is going to try and kill one of them. But, it's mostly Shuu and Harvey that I'm worrying about... He can easily kill them both if he finds them alone...

No, no, I can't accept that!!!

I have to protect my mates. I will have to find a way to make him understand that I won't forgive him if he even dares to try and hurt one of them!

Maybe, I'll use his father's fate as an example... But I'm not even sure if that's going to work... He is already rootless and he literally has nothing to lose.