5. Back off, he is mated (18+)

"Wait Andromache!" Shouted Curtis from inside the cave.

"What is it Curtis?" I asked him as he slowly emerge from inside the cave.

"Let me bring you close to the village. It's dangerous for you to go back alone."

"Oh thank you Curtis!" I said and he picked me up to carry me back to the village.

About half an hour later, when we were close to the village, Curtis gently let me down.

"Before you go, please take this as well with you" he took my hand and gave me a small pouch.

"What is this Curtis?"

"This pouch has some crystals and emeralds inside. Take this with you and give it to your male so that you can buy things and settle there faster" When he finished, I pulled him in for a tight hug

"Thank you Curtis, I really appreciate it" I pulled back as I said it and looked at him "Please wait for me... Once we are settled in the city, I'll come back to take you with me, I swear"

"Don't worry, I'll be waiting for your return" he said with sad eyes and let me go. I went to the direction of the village, but not without turning around to wave him goodbye.

When I returned I saw Winston running up and down frantically, looking very distraught as he was searching for me.

"Winston! I'm back!" I shouted out of the top of my lungs. Having heard me, he turned around and bolted straight to my direction, hands reaching out to pull me close and engulfing me in his warm embrace. I feel as if he is squeezing me with pliers but dare not talk because he is literally trembling... I started feeling really bad, it was definitely not a good idea to leave without telling him anything.

"Where were you Andromache? Why did you leave? My heart stopped beating when I didn't see you when I came back! I thought that the feral took you away... I didn't know what to do!"

"I'm sorry" I said in a small voice, feeling bad that I am the reason that he is like that now.

"Don't ever do that to me again! You hear me?" He shouted as his hug became unbearably tight, scared that if he loosen his hold around me that I would disappear again. I wrapped one hand around him and pated his back trying to comfort him and make him calm down.

A little while later, after he calmed down enough to loosen his death grip on me, he started sniffing around. Why is he sniffing the air? His eyes moved to my free hand that was holding Curtis' shedding skin all this time. Oh shit...

"Did you encounter the feral!? Did he hurt you?" He started looking at my body trying to find if I have any wounds.

"Winston please calm down and I will tell you everything"

I took his big hand in mine and went somewhere quiet to sit down and talk to him. This definitely isn't going to be an easy talk... His body posture shows that he doesn't feel comfortable but I have to explain to him what happened and what I want.

"So... After you left with the others, I went to find the feral-"

"You left alone? Do you know how dangerous it is for a female to be out in the wild all alone? What if something happened to you? What if you encountered wild animals or even worse a dangerous feral? Do you know what would have happened to you there without a male to protect you? Do you realise the danger you put yourself in? What if that feral took you away?" He shouted in disbelief and I couldn't answer him since he is clearly right. Even though I technically knew that Curtis wouldn't harm me, that doesn't mean that I couldn't be hurt by wild animals or other feral beastmen.