19. Bonfire

Hi~ Author here.
Thank you all for reading and liking my story. Please leave a comment on your favorite part cause it keeps me going.
Also a male or two (or more) is/are about to be introduced in the next chapters, sooo how about you try and guess what kind of animal(s) he/they will be?
Enjoy~

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

We all got ready and we went to the bonfire. Curtis carried me all the way from or house to the bonfire while Winston was right besides us carrying a small pouch with some salt and condiments for the meat.

Once we reached the plaza that the previous bonfire was held, Winston quickly found us a spot to sit down and wait till the meat was distributed for us to eat.

More and more beastmen came and the atmosphere became more lively and loud, but it suddenly stopped.

I looked at where a small stage was and saw four kings that everyone knows (ape, wolf, tiger and leopard) and also Leon. All five of them wore long capes and I assume that capes mean status here. I mean, I've only seen kings, princes -basically royalty- and the elite top guards of the city wear one, so maybe my assumptions are correct. But I've also seen Harvey wear a cape, so maybe those four classes of beastmen are allowed to wear capes? I'll ask Winston about that later.

"I want to welcome everyone here to our celebratory bonfire!" Started ape king and loud roars could be heard from everyone "Today we celebrate and welcome the lion tribe to the City of Beasts! Our city not only grows stronger today but also has more females than ever before now!"

Loud cheering erupted along with loud roars from the beastmen at that.

"The Lion tribe is now part of our City along with it's king. And with his signal the celebration can start and all you males can fight to win the heart of a new female!"

Everyone stopped cheering, all eyes turned to Leon, waiting for him to give the signal.

Leon stood proudly, eyes scanning the crowd and once he found what he was looking for he turned his head to the sky and let out a loud roar, so powerful that you could feel it's vibrations in your chest.

At that, more roars could be heard along with cheers and thus the feast begun. Some males came to distribute the meat to the females and somewhere in the distance males started fighting to impress the newly introduced females.

"It's even more lively than last time" I said excitedly as Winston started to roast the meat.

"It really is, but that's understandable. Last time we were celebrating the addition of 6 females but now it's an entire tribe and 32 new females" said Winston as he turned to look at me, a blush and a smile adoring his face.

"What got my tiger to blush?" I asked him in a teasing tone as I made myself comfortable in Curtis' lap.

"The day of the bonfire was the day that we became mates... It's a fond memory of mine" he said as he added some more wood to the fire.

"You can say that it was our special day, one that we both won't forget" I said while smiling "I love you, Winston"

"I love you more" He answered back.

"I love you most!" I excitedly said as I was sending him flying kisses, making him laugh and 'catch' one of my flying kisses and bringing it to his heart.

"Now, now baby, pay attention to me while Winston is roasting the meat, alright?" Said Curtis as he turned my head to give me a deep kiss. My snake serial-killer of a husband got jealous it seems.