31. What will you give me in return?

Hello everyone~ Author here!

How are you all doing? I hope that you are doing amazing!

Here's a new chapter! If you enjoy it, please like and comment on your favourite part cause both motivate me to write more chapters! 

Enjoy~

P.S. Can you all give recommendations about flying beastmen? Like what animal can they be? I mean, apart from hawk and eagle. Thank you!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~

"We meet again, little female"

Leon made way and Mitchell came in, carrying a big wooden box with the help of Winston. Curtis came in last and never let his eyes leave Mitchell's form.

After the box was set down, Mitchell sat on top of it and looked at all of us, assessing us.

'Hmm, the weakling is still here like before... And the wolf is a double-marked beastman...That old bastard told me the truth' Mitchell thought as he looked at Shuu and Harvey. Then his gaze travelled to Leon.

'He must be the lion king and is tetra-marked, like the old lion said. He looks healthy, that means that the tiger did not fight with him... Maybe he fought with the feral? A tetra-marked beastman is bound to lose in a fight against a penta-marked'

Then Mitchell looked at Curtis 'But even so, the feral should have some small scratches... He doesn't look like he fought at all. If he didn't fight with the feral and if he also didn't fight with the lion, then why does he have so many injuries?'

We are all silent, no-one daring to speak. To tell you the truth, this silence scares me, it's like the calm before the storm.

Mitchell too doesn't seem like he will talk soon. He is staring at us, assessing us, probably deep in thought at something, his gaze travelling at all of us.

'No, the tiger did not fight with the feral... If he did, then why would a feral allow him to wear his skin? No, something else must have happened'

Mitchell then looked at all the beastmen 'They all wear pretty clothes, even the weaklings. That means that all of them are well taken care of'

He suddenly looked at me, his face unchanged, showing no emotion, but his soulless stare sent chills down my spine.

'If she has two tetra-marked kings as mates and one strong penta-marked feral, then why does she have those two weaklings at her side as well? Even if she favours them, both of them are no match for her tetra-marked males, much less for the feral... The biggest question is, why are the strong ones fine with the presence of the weaklings near their female and not kill them? And why would a feral go against his nature to monopolise his female? He can easily kill both her tetra-marked males, so why doesn't he do it?'

"Are we going to just stare at each other?" I suddenly said and laughed a little bit out of sheer awkwardness "Why did you want to meet us?"

The corner of Mitchell's mouth turned upwards and he let out a small laugh.

"It's the first that I've seen such a beautiful female and of course, I wanted to take a closer look" Curtis immediately started hissing when he heard Mitchell but Mitchell's attention was all on me "You and your family are... Interesting, very interesting. Here's what we are going to do; I'm going to ask you and your males anything that I want to know and once I'm satisfied with the answers, I'm going to give you a gift as a reward"

"You said you came here to make a deal, not bring her gifts" Leon growled out.

"Oh, but it is a deal. If she answers all of my questions, then apart from giving her something that's inside this box, I can bring her the ape king's head tomorrow"