39. Who are you calling weak?

Hello everyone~ Author here!

How are you all doing? I hope that you are doing great.

Here's a new chapter. If you like it, vote and comment on your favourite part because both keep me going.

Enjoy~

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Who are you? What are you?"

The male at first did not answer Leon's question, instead he opted to keep walking. This really pissed Leon off, not used to being disrespected like that.

But then the beastman answered in a voice barely audible, even for the beadtmen's superior hearing "Ares"

"Ares? Your name is Ares?" Winston asked wanted to make sure that he heard correctly.

"Yes" Ares answered.

"Alright then Ares, what are you?" Leon asked again.

"Beastman, like you" Ares answered, looking in front of him. They were nearing the camp.

"Yes, I can see that, but what kind of beastman are you?"

"Smilodon"

The one word answers from Ares really angered Leon, but what could he do? There's a high chance that the male in front of him is penta-marked, he can't do a lot of things when he is in an unknown territory with a potentially penta-marked male.

"Smilodon... Never heard of that before" Winston was deep in thought and then turned to Leon "Do you think that Andromache knows about them? She has seen many things that we don't know about"

"Maybe..."

They slowly got in the camp and all eyes were on Winston and Leon, but their eyes were also on the unknown kind of beastmen in front of them.

The kings looked at each other after seeing something that they feared; Most of the males are either triple or tetra-marked. Only few are lower and all are young.

Even so, their numbers seem to be low.

Ares threw the prey off of his shoulders and signalled for Winston and Leon to do the same.

Beastmen came and took the preys and gave Ares a hide for him to cover himself. After he did, he turned to the males and said "Follow me. Chief there"

The males followed Ares who led them inside a tent. There they saw an old beastman, long grey hair and beard, wearing a necklace with weird looking teeth. Black eyes assessing the two unknown males.

The chief got up on his feet and growled but Ares growled back. He most probably wanted to intimidate the two kings, but he is tetra-marked like them, so growling at them threateningly won't work. The growling between the chief and Ares continued for a few minutes until the chief finally relaxed.

It seems that they mostly communicate with growls.

"You help?" The chief said in a voice that was clearly not used in a long time "You bring healer?"

"Can we talk first?"

"No, healer first. Then talk. Females die" The chief bargained with the males "You also chief. You take care tribe, like I do with tribe"

Leon and Winston looked at each other.

"We speak after. You welcome here. You help. Trust. We not hurt you" The chief tried to communicate with the males.

"We will bring you a healer, alright. But we must speak after that" Leon said and the chief agreed.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~