37. Land of the Forgotten (18+)

Guess who's back, back again~

How are you all doing? I hope that you are all doing perfectly fine.

Here's a new chapter (finally)
I hope that you enjoy it.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"You saw them transform? So they really are beastmen..." Leon said and looked at Winston "We are new here but you lived here ever since you were born. You've guarded the city for many years, so have you ever heard or seen about a beastman similar to what they described?"

"No, I haven't seen or heard anything similar to what your uncle has described around the city. Actually, I haven't seen them anywhere, not even the Flame City where all kinds of beastmen exist" Winston answered puzzled, still trying to understand what kind of beastman Iakov was describing.

"Flame City is located south of our city. That's close to where we came from and we've never seen that kind of beastman. Uncle said that they came from the north. What is up north?" Leon asked Winston again.

"Up north? It's the land of the colossus. We go there when we need to kill some for the emeralds... It's impossible to live there as there are so many colossus at each and every corner and the land is almost barren the northernyou go. It's not safe even for the strongest of males to be there for a prolonged period of time, much less live there"

"And what is above the land of the colossus?" I suddenly asked Winston and he turned and looked at me. "Is by any chance extremely cold there? I mean, above the land of the colossus?"

"Yes, you are right... The land above the land of the colossus is extremely cold and is snowy all year round. Not a lot of beastmen know that, because few are brave enough to go to the land of the colossus, much less go deep enough to see the end of it where only snow covers the land"

Winston then was deep in thought, as if trying to remember something.

"What are you thinking about?" Leon asked.

"When I went to the land of the colossus, I remember climbing up a tall mountain. As I looked at the horizon, I saw all the land ahead covered in snow. I remember asking an old wolf beastman what was there and I remember him saying that this was the land of the Forgotten"

"The land of the Forgotten?" I never heard of that region when I was reading the novel nor was it in the comic.

What the actual hell is going on? I know that I've changed a lot of things here that didn't happen it the comic. The lion pride is here, the ape king is dead, the city is still standing tall and proud, Mitchell and his daddy dearest are (still) under control...

Only now does it actually sink in that I can't rely on the comic anymore and I'm on my own...

And if the land of the Forgotten exists, does that mean that there are other regions that were not mentioned in the comic at all?

"The old wolf beastman said that many years ago, beastmen also used to live there. But then the weather started getting colder and colder and a lot of those beastmen died. Now, we don't even know what kinds of beastmen lived there... Actually, almost all of us don't even know that the land of the Forgotten exist"

"Do you think that there's a chance that those beastmen came from there?" Iakov spoke up.

"The land is barren and extremely cold, not suitable for beastmen to live there. But what do you think Andromache?"

"There's a high chance that beastmen live there, although I'm not sure as of what kind. When the weather started to get colder, kinds of beastmen that were not suited to survive on cold climate had two choices, either to relocate or stay and go extinct. Those who did stay either went extinct or adapted and started to have traits that would help them survive the cold. It's what we call natural selection, only the strong and most well adapted survive. Maybe the weather is getting even colder and the beastmen there had no other choice anymore but to relocate"