(17) Midnight Eavesdropping

Nate had his lunch elsewhere, before heading towards Headmaster Crowley's Office.

☆*:.𝕋•ℝ𝕆𝔽𝕋𝕊.:*☆

It has been a while after the day Nate handed Ruggie the doughnuts.

Lots of things has happened, Crowley explain to him, Yuu, Grim, Ace and Deuce about overblot.

The Dorm Leaders had a gathering about the preparations for the day of the Magift competition, and deciding on whether to let Malleus to be included in the Hall of Fame, without any resistance. That idea was shot down, after Crowley was told the achievement of earning it, instead of handing it over.

On the same day of the Dorm Leaders Gathering, and ever since then. More and more students of other Dorms were injured, by falling down the stairs. Most of the Dorms, except for Savanaclaw.

☆*:.𝕋•ℝ𝕆𝔽𝕋𝕊.:*☆

It was the day Yuu and the others, including Cater is telling a Savanaclaw Dorm Member to be careful, 'cause they might be the next target.

"Whoa- So this is Savanaclaw Dorm?" Deuce asked, looking around the Dorm. "It's rugged and looks like it's made from rocks! What animal did that big skeleton come from?" Grim asked, seeing the giant skeleton outside of the entrance. "So this is the Dorm that Nate is in... It looks wild..." Yuu said, looking around.

"It's got a totally different vibe from our dorm." Ace said, looking around. "Right. It's, like, rough and tumble? Just the air feels wild. y'know." Cater said. "We're looking for Jack? What's he look like?" Ace asked. Cater took out his phone, and checks a photo. "Tan skin with silver hair. His wolf-like ears and bushy tail are his trademarks, apparently." He said.

Grim looks around the area. "Bushy tail. Oh. Isn't that him? He's running around the yard!" He said, when he spotted Jack who is running around the yard. Everyone look over to where Jack is. "Bingo! Grim wins this one. He fits the description perfectly. There's no doubt." Cater said.

"We've got another big one after those twins earlier!" Ace said, surprised to see that Jack is muscular. "That's why all the clubs were trying to scout him." Cater said. "He's probably good at martial arts too with that brawn." Deuce said.

"Let's go talk to him." Yuu said, trying to sound confident but failed. "You're nervous, Prefect? It's okay, you're fine, just relax!" Cater said. "If he tries to bite you I'll protect you, okay." He said. "Thanks Cater." Yuu said.

Everyone went over to Jack. "Hey, prickly guy!" Grim called. Jack stops his running, and looks at the group. "...Huh?" He said. Nate was next to Jack, he was in his PE attire. "Grim, you can't call someone like that, it sounds like you were calling them names." Nate said.

"Nate? Why are you here?" Yuu asked. "This is my Dorm remember?" Nate asked, he blinks. "I was chosen into this Dorm during the entrance ceremony." He said. "R-Right..." Yuu said, rubbing the back of his head, he completely forgot about the entrance ceremony.

"Anyway. Some bad guys might be coming after you so we have decided to protect you! Aren't you happy!" Grim said, with a smug look. "What's your problem? Don't get in the way of my running." Jack said, he looks like he is becoming angry.

"Ahh aaahhh." Ace sighs, he rubs the back of his head. "Wait a sec, Grim, your way of confronting him has way too many problems!" Cater said, he went over to Grim. Cater grabs Grim, and covered his mouth. "Fingal Mmmgghhmmghh!" Grim said.