13. Helpful and caring

During my time of beating Nosedive at the video games, I wasn't aware of what happened in the meantime. Mallory sighted, as she saw the big bucket in one corner and some clothes on the floor. Without hesitation, she threw it inside the bucket, "Where is she? She is supposed to do the washing." It didn't take her long to find us in the living room.

"What are you doing here?" she asked me, while placing her hands on her hips.

Dive answered for me, "I told her to lie back a little and besides, bro is still sleeping, so we can't play there."

"Are our clothes ready? We need then in half an hour."

Nodding quickly, I ran back to the laundry room. I still have to dry them off, those...

"No, no, noooo!!!!!"

I raised one up, it was white alright...but now, it was just plain white. I checked the back, no name, no logo... it washed out all the color. It got worse as Grin's pajama was swimming around in the same bucket. I can't recall that I did that. As expected, it was also...white. Afraid of another punishment, I ran out and towards Dive's room, only to stop half way. I forgot that Wild wing was sleeping, so where should I go? I took the next room that was wide open...the one at the end of the corridor. This room didn't offer much to hide, so I decided to crawl under the mattress. I didn't hear anyone scream just yet...it is just a matter of time till this happens. Shivering with fright, I didn't hear someone enter the room. The sound of something move had caught my attention, peeking from underneath the mattress. It was grin, moving his meditation crystals around and two yoga mats. Why does he need two? One is already enough for him. I was lucky thought, that I looked...otherwise he would have crushed me with his butt. Just as he was about to sit on the mattress, I pulled my hands out towards him and screamed, "Don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Grin was irritated and jumped at the loud noise. Withdrawing my hands back to my sides, he couldn't see anything but a huge bump on the mattress. Instead of looking underneath, he pushed his hands on top of it, making me squeak out like a mouse.

"N/A?"

"...no?"

The mattress was off in one go, seeing Grin holding it up, "What are you doing there?"

I sighted, there was no point in lying, "Hiding from Wild wing."

"Did something happen?"

I nodded, "I made a mistake...again."

Sitting beside me now, he pulled me by my shoulder towards his side, "What happened?"

"I turned the clothes pink at first, now they are white...and your pajama is too."

Grin was stunned for a minute, "And you are afraid that Wild wing will be mad with you?"

"Duh! The entire team clothes were pink first; you are the mighty ducks and not the pink Flamingos! So I tired out bleach and now, they are all plain white." Before I could even begin to cry, he pulled me along. Grin didn't tell me where, but from what I see, it wasn't towards Wild wings room. He went passed it and into another room I didn't know of. It looked like a storage room.

"What are we doing here?"

Grin told me to catch something and I hold it up to see it much better. It was the same clothes that I washed, "Where did you get those?"

"Phil has always some pare ones left to sell out to fans, that way, Wild wing won't be mad at you."

Overwhelmed by his kindness, I hugged him tight, "You are the best!"

Suddenly, he lifts me up and held me in one arm, "But for this, you have to do something for me."

"What is it?"

"You will see."

Wild wing was now fully awake and ready to play hockey. I was already in Grin's room before he could see us. The clothes were hidden inside a basket under a sheet, only the clean ones are on top of the wash machine. The team captain seems to be pleased with this, "At least she got the washing done." With his entire stuff ready, he only needs to get his team together. Nosedive was in the living room, still playing his games. Mallory and Tanya were in the garage, talking about the new invention from their engineer. Duke sat in his room reading, which only left Grin. During his walking through the headquarters, he didn't see me at all. Knocking on Grin's door, he hear him say enter. Wild wing looked surprised at the sight, not that Grin was meditating, that was nothing unusual, but that I sat beside him, also mediating, was unexpected.

"Grin, the game starts in ten minutes."

The big guy nodded and left the room in silence. Wild wing came towards me, "N/A, you should come too. You can watch from the front row...N/A?" he grabbed my shoulder slightly, "N/A?" Suddenly, he heard it.

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

He had to suppress a laugh. Suddenly, I lost balance and feel to the side, only to be caught by Wild wing. Caring me bridal style, he put me into his bed.

"Yoh bro, where are you?"

Nosedive shut his beak, the minute he heard his brother, "Shhhh, N/A is asleep."

"We are all waiting for you."

"I will be there in a minute, get ready in the meantime."

Dive nodded and left the room, only to look back into the room. He saw his brother giving me a kiss on my forehead. Wild wing jumped, seeing his brother, "I told you to get ready."

"Uhhhh bro...is there something I should know?"

Wild wing blushed, "It is not what it looks like."

"So what is it exactly? To me, it looked like she wrapped you around her finger."

The blush got worse, "We haven't got time for this Dive. Come on."

Dive didn't let go through, "Uhhhh, changing the subject are we? "

The poor team captain had a hard time to concentrate on the game, while getting rid of the deep blush that kept coming up, especially when Dive grinned at his brother.