7. Little birdy

They are after you, be careful N/A.
Buzz

This message worries me. I have nowhere to hide and leaving the bus is no option either. Although, I tried it anyway, but the driver won't stop until he reached his next destination. This would take another half an hour, who knows how fast the ducks are. The fear of getting caught got stronger than the feeling of walking over miles back home.

"Please Sir, just let me out. My life is on the line."

The driver however, won't give in, "My job is on the line. I will not risk it for anyone." The argument could have gone on forever and he wouldn't make an exception for me.

Meanwhile, the migrator was on the road.

The others have checked all the other busses, informing their team captain straight away.

"Wild wing here, what do you got?"
"Yoh bro, she isn't on them. It must be the one you took."

"Thanks baby brother, you and Mallory can go back to the pond, we will see you there."

He faced the engineer of the team, "Tanya, where is this bus heading to?"

"It goes to Santa Ana. Without stopping in-between, it will arrive there in half an hour."
Duke had to ask the question, "She might leave the bus."

The goalie is sure that I won't do a runner on foot, considering my financial problem. Their migratory has enough speed to catch up the vehicle with ease. Tanya calculated the distance between them; they will be there before I arrive in Santa Ana.

Inside the bus, my nerves got restless. My feet were shaking; unable to stay still and all kinds of worst-case-scenarios broke out. What will they do if they get me? Will they kill me? Torture me? Are they bound to human laws? I don't want to die! Nothing I done could distract my train of thoughts. One last time, I went over to the driver. With a shaky voice, I begged him to let me out. The man sighted, "I have my orders and if I do that and something happens to you...I will lose my job. As a passenger, I have the responsibility to get you to the next destination safely. Please understand this." Accepting my defeat, I went back to my seat, whimpering quietly. The last thing I wanted is to worry the other passengers on the bus. This isn't their concern and not their problem after all. The driver took a peek into the mirror, seeing me cry in silence. Beside him was his earphone and mobile. A call came through, pressing the device into his ear and clicking the call button. The conversation took a while, his voice suddenly turned into a whisper.

Wild wing heard his team talk.
They were already thinking of punishments for me, from being the maid of the ducks, till repairing the whole stadium on her own. Phil joined in, presenting his massive bills including the stress he went through, an extra payment. The goalie had enough, "Stop it you guys, let me think of something."

Duke finds his plan, to make me a maid for months a good thing to do and Phil announced a uniform for me, a short maid outfit. The captain shook his head, "Just let us get her first, she may not be this bad after all."

Tanya interrupted him, "Apart form ruining the game, causing chaos, stealing a Duckcylce and..."

"I get it Tanya. Still, let me handle this." Wild wing does have a soft side, but also the side of a leader. This whole mess was just too extreme to just let me off the hook with a slap. Moving his chair around, his eyes were on Buzz. He didn't join in on the conversations or in any other things. The goalie finds his behavior too much out of character. The boy sat in the back of the migratory, staring on his mobile. Wild wing didn't say anything, just used his head for Duke to take a look. He understood immediately, walking over to Buzz. The boy was too focused on tipping, that he didn't see the duck snatching his phone off his hands.

Reading the messages, he knew they were busted, "Our little birdie has an accomplice."

Throwing the mobile over to Wild wing, he went over them too.

Concerned, he faced the boy, "Why are you telling her this Buzz?"

The blonde boy lowered his head, "She isn't a bad person, I am just worried about her."

"But now she knows what is going on."

Buzz couldn't look into his eyes, "I don't want my new friend to get into trouble."

Wild wing stood up and kneeled before the boy, giving him his phone back, "We won't hurt her Buzz, I promise. She gets punished, but not the way you think." The boy nodded. The goalie demands, that he won't text me another message, since he has to come up with a new plan...
...and he already has one.

"Let's give her some time to think, shall we?"

Grin, the tallest of the ducks, understood, "In silence, she will find clarity."

Wild wing shrugged, "I thought more of the term: We strike when she least expects it."

What is he up to?